Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Is there a bigger cinematic knob…
  • rewski
    Free Member

Mel Gibson – that’s the one.

John Travolta redeems himself with Pulp Fiction.

BrickMan

Dear god 30 odd posts and no mention of Nicholas Cage!

STW’s going downhill…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

No. So long as little Tommy Cruise walks the earth, he takes the main prize every time.

RealMan
    Free Member

Dear god 30 odd posts and no mention of Nicholas Cage!

Cage is brilliant

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_527684&src_vid=pDxn0Xfqkgw&v=xP1-oquwoL8[/video]

Video NSFW.

I’m more concerned that there’s been over 40 posts and no mention of Jean-Claude Van Damme.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Van Damme doesn’t take himself seriously tho, that’s the difference.

Cage is high on the list.

globalti
    Free Member

Mel Gibson has done more than anybody to contribute to the break up of the UK.

But why should he care? I’m sure he made a packet from Braveheart.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I bumped into Terry Gilliam recently – literally in fact, as he’s involved in a few projects with my employer.

Nob?

Not a bit. Lovely bloke, came across as very charming and genuinely chuffed to bits to be working with us.

Then there’s that Damon Albarn…went to the same secondary school as me (trufax). My brother’s mate cuffed him round the head for being a cheeky swine. Nob? Nope, apparently. He’s also doing a few projects with my employer and is apparently a very down to earth chap. I’ve had numerous dealings with some well known opera singers and without exception all of them have been very charming. Even the titled ones have a sense of humour.

Don’t believe what you hear, ‘slebs are people too.

But Val Kilmer is a colossal helmet from all accounts.

RealMan
    Free Member

Cage is high on the list.

Are you saying Cage takes himself seriously? Have you seen Drive Angry? 🙂

drain

Spotted a van as I was driving to Cwmcarn earlier this week with “Jean Claude Van Man” emblazoned on the side. Well, it made me laugh anyway… 😆

PrinceJohn

What about Cage in Kick Ass as well? Outstanding..

My vote has to go to the current Batman – Christian Bale..

cynic-al
    Free Member

RM high on the list of “actors that are likely to be annoying and in shit films” which the thread should really have been entitled. Guess why I’ve not seen “Drive Angry”?

Bale is a great actor and has done some amazing films IMO – seen the Machinist?

RealMan
    Free Member

PrinceJohn raises a very good point

+1.

high on the list of “actors that are likely to be annoying and in shit films”

Would definitely be Jean-Claude Van Damme, IMO.

nickf
    Free Member

All depends.

Hugh Grant is a pain of the first order – he dislikes both acting and actors, and is reported (by many, many of the people he’s worked with) to be rude, discourteous, and exceptionally prickly.

Then again, he loathes Murdoch with a passion, doesn’t take himself seriously, and believes that he’s overpaid for what he does, though he’s not stupid enough to turn down what he’s offered.

wrecker
    Free Member

Christian Bale

Good one. What an odious nob.

martinhutch

He’s got a difficult reputation, but when you read through what was billed as a ‘difficult’ interview he gave to Esquire, I ended up rather liking the bloke.

http://www.esquire.com/features/christian-bale-interview-1210

chakaping
    Free Member

This always makes me smile…

organic355
    Free Member

cant belive nobody has mentioned owen wilson.

Even his nose looks like a kn*b

D0NK

if your nob looks like that I’d recommend a trip to the doctors

nathaneddy
    Free Member

cynic-al, kevin bacon is cool BECAUSE of tremors.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Christian Bale

Good one. What an odious nob.
    I was just thinking the same.

chalkntrees
    Free Member

+1 for Cage. I struggle to watch any of his films. Tremors is amazing though and Bill Paxton is in both Aliens and Weird Science so has to be cool by default. 😉

OmarLittle
    Free Member

McConaughey was alright in the Lincoln Lawyer and some of his other films like Sahara are enjoyably shite. He rides bikes too so thats got to be a plus point plus there was the whole getting arrested for playing the bongos naked thing.

I share the dislike for guys like Gibson, Cruise etc but i’ll also add Michael Cera into the mix. I dont know anything about him as a person so just going by the roles he plays (well the role he plays every one is exactly the same) and he winds me up no end. He’s not a big cinematic knob though more of an insufferable nerdy little prick

MSP

Mickey Rourke

dingabell
    Free Member

I was right there with you, with the Nicholas Cage thing…..until I saw him in “Kick Ass”. He’s pretty good in that. My wife hates Clint Eastwood and Michael Caine. I can see the Michael Caine thing, but Clint Eastwood!! What a legend.

busydog
    Free Member

But Val Kilmer is a colossal helmet from all accounts

Kilmer lives here in N. New Mexico and, over the past 10 years, has managed to p**s off just about everyone in the state from his neighbors to politicians (and with the den of snakes we have political-wise in New Mexico that takes some doing).

donsimon
    Free Member

PrinceJohn

Bale is a great actor and has done some amazing films IMO – seen the Machinist?

I agree – I love the new Batman films & am really hoping TDKR lives up to the previous 2 films, however after his rant on the set of Terminator Salvation I have no time for him as a person.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

+1 for Cage.

crankbreaker

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXcgt6l_LcA[/video]

cheekyboy
    Free Member

De Niro Pesci pricks the pair of `em !

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Is there a bigger cinematic knob…’ is closed to new replies.