Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Is there a better rock band than…….
  • DaRC_L

manitou +1
    sadly all my youngest and the kids he knows that are into rock have been far too influenced by the Hard Rock Cafe / media revisionists and think that Aerosmith and their ilk are the bees knees

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Anyone going to Sonisphere then? Diamond Head, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica on the Friday night.

Yes – tickets brought ages ago.

Last year was great too.

Let me say it again – ALL rock music is good – just play it loud.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My mum liked Rainbow!

Compliments to your mum for her excellent musical taste
    Parents weren’t always old you know, perhaps she was a rock chick in the seventies

I’m off to see Big Country with my twenty year old daughter in April and really looking forward to it
    Now speaking of a good band, they were pretty good especially live

Scorpions were excellent too, saw them at Redaing in 79 when they replaced Thin Lizzy, great set and The Tokyo Tapes is one of the very best live albums.

nickf
    Free Member

I’m off to see Big Country with my twenty year old daughter in April and really looking forward to it. Now speaking of a good band, they were pretty good especially live

They may have been good live at one point, but given that Stuart Adamson died in 2001, hardly their classic lineup.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

They may have been good live at one point, but given that Stuart Adamson died in 2001, hardly their classic lineup.

About to say exactly the same thing.

devs
    Free Member

They played T a couple of years ago and were supposedly good but not my cup of tea. I’m doing Download instead of Soni this year and whilst I would like to see the big 4 together, I’m preferring the Download line up so far. Anyone that has seen Miles Kennedy perform with Slash will know that Axl isn’t the greatest singer but then again I’m in the camp that has the classic GnR line up ahead of Metallica, best against best, it’s just they didn’t last very long and Axl went mad.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

They may have been good live at one point, but given that Stuart Adamson died in 2001, hardly their classic lineup

Obviously not, but they played a few gigs around the New Year and apparently Mike Peters does a very good job on vocals
    Will be nice to hear that sound again and from what i’ve seen on youtube the crowd seem to be thoroughly enjoying it

DezB
    Free Member

MIKE PETERS? From THE ALARM??? Holy moly. Biggest joke band going even when we were young and punky.
    Quality control needed!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Me thinks that a lot of “plastic” American metal bands in the 80’s have given the public a jaundiced view of the genre of heavy rock.

The 70’s was the era for heavy rock and there were some total gems produced in that decade. The genre was pretty diverse too.

This was before the days of fans’ moronic air guitaring and headbanging.

alex222
    Free Member

any one mention europe yet.

if not europe.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

any one mention europe yet.

if not europe.
    Apparently their latest album is meant to be very good actually.

The 70’s was the era for heavy rock and there were some total gems produced in that decade.

Such as? (Not trying to catch you out as Sabbath are my bestest metal band of all time, just interested in what bands you like)

Inbred456
    Free Member

Deep Purple : In Rock
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs[/video]
    Child In Time

nuggett96
    Free Member

DEY DOOK ARE JAWBS!!

racefaceec90

i did love the headless children album by w.a.s.p i thought that album was great (my mate leant it to me at secondary school in 1988 and it scared the bejezzus out of me.but i still loved it.p.s i know that they aren’t as big as metallica,but if you haven’t heard the album i would really recommend listening to it (if you like rock/metal) 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I did see W.A.S.P. as a kid.

Most entertaining.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Is there a better rock band than…….’ is closed to new replies.