Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is the prince albert…
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

…strong enough for the occasional bit of 4X? Seems the ideal bike for me but like a roll down a 4X track every now and then and dont want to risk breaking it as will likely be my only bike?

LoCo
    Free Member

Probably, not broken any of the three I’ve had

nwill1
    Free Member

Apparently a small was used by a team rider (few years back) for 4x racing prior to the holeshot being designed….not ridden one myself.

lovetoride
    Free Member

Unless I bought a holeshot with a long post, would that make a good all round trail bike, i’m fairly short??

soobalias
    Free Member

Mike would be best to advise, but I will be surprised to find out that any hardtail cannot cope with the occassional roll down a 4X track.

lovetoride
    Free Member

Thats what I thought, its main usage will be trail riding but needs to withstand a 4x track sesh and possibly the odd DH day.

lovetoride
    Free Member

loco – what models were they e.g. 853, 725, 520 and what uasge did they have?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’ve had mine on DH tracks and its been fine, I’m a heavy lump as well!

LoCo
    Free Member

4130 Gen 1, 520 gen 2, and the 853 classic hasn’t been ridden propely yet.
    Bit of everything really they’ve been jumped taken down some downhill tracks and crashed repeatly around South Wales

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a holeshot I might sell if your interested?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ask Mike, Dialed have a works 4X racing team.

lovetoride
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – how much you looking for?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’m sure there was a Dialled Bikes team racing the 4X at Fort William last year, either on PAs or Alpines.

It’s steal, it’ll be fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£90? It’s the original 520 version. Selling because I bought it for the missus thinking they were identical to a PA but smaller, but there’s no cable stop for a front mech.

nwill1
    Free Member

lovetoride….just realised saw some of older threads….you decided against a blender then? I brought a BFE felt real good but XS was tiny so sold it on.

A small Prince Albert will be fine for the occasional bit of 4X racing. It’s what my 4X team riders used before I designed the Holeshot 4X frame.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is the prince albert…’ is closed to new replies.