Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Is the poshest bike shop ever?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

http://www.bespokecycling.com/home I guess it’s a, if you ask, you can afford it type of place.

RealMan
    Free Member

I think you can’t even walk in, you have to like ring a bell and be let in..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Its not a bike shop as such they offer

3D Retul motion capture bike fitting
    Cycling rehabilitation
    Biomechanical running analysis and correction
    Physiotherapy
    Physiological testing
    Altitude training

Edit..Missed the Brands bit so they do do bikes, not just any bikes 😆

tomhoward

lol at the founder in the about us section. Clearly, Cilit bang ads weren’t paying the bills…

reedspeed
    Free Member

i bet they do a great latte,whilst you read the Times,old boy !!

Wookster

Awesome web site though and they sell some lush stuff I’d love a Parlee!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

reedspeed – Member
    i bet they do a great latte,whilst you read the Times,old boy !!

Oh dear.

If it was really posh, it would forty year old copies of The Field and they’d be serving a decent claret. 😉

Good luck to ’em, though. An interesting market to go after, and there are more and more people doing so.

If I was them though, I’d say ”Does not include any parts, only labour costs”

noteeth
    Free Member

Bike cleaned thoroughly

The horror!

maccruiskeen

Elite Service
    £150

Bike cleaned thoroughly?….. forget about the bike, I’d want feel dirty and used for that sort of money

noteeth
    Free Member

Your wallet will be thoroughly cleaned, that’s for sure.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

I had a retul fitting done by Barry real professional setup and a really nice bloke.

maccruiskeen

Your wallet will be thoroughly cleaned, that’s for sure.

Wallet? I think countryfile refer to that appendage as a ‘purse’

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s actually a really good shop, not too bespoke t too keep you lot out, they’re keen, helpful, informed, offer just what you need (probably, if you’re a roadie) yes you have to ring a bell to get in , but they do let you in with your bike, and amongst other brands swell Trek, so not too posh then. They’re on Farringdon Road in that London and worth a visit imho ..

legend
    Free Member

One can only imagine the level of douchebaggery that occurs in such a place.

Has anyone opened a book on how long the shop, which only opens on Saturdays by appointment, will last?

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

theyve been theyre a while i think…i know a minted banker who got his parlee from them…i was disappointed with it tbh.ive seen better bikes,no change out of £10k…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

legend – Member
    One can only imagine the level of douchebaggery that occurs in such a place.

None, I reckon they just sell nice bikes to people who can afford to buy them. Good on ’em.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’m not knocking it, it does look very high end though – more Bond Street, than EC1

It’s a bit too much like a art gallery for me, I like touching stuff when I’m in a bike shop. I don’t know why but I do.

With Condor round the corner, he must know what he’s doing.

I might pop in, if I don’t smell much, so I might have to wait until winter. 😕

legend
    Free Member

None, I reckon they just sell nice bikes to people who can afford to buy them. Good on ’em.

I was referring to the customers 😉

hughjayteens
    Free Member

It’s near our London office and I’ve driven past it a few times so will have to pop in and have a nosey.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I like touching stuff when I’m in a bike shop. I don’t know why but I do.

Do you also have to try and change gear,pull brake levers and attempt to pick them up whilst still attached to the stand 👿
    DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE !!!!!
    (flashback to a scratched Parlee frame episode….despite a ‘keep yer mitts off’ sign and it being secured to the stand-flippers,all of em!!)

mefty
    Free Member

more Bond Street, than EC1

The City is where the moneyed cyclists are

xiphon
    Free Member

Clearly not tired of all the money if he’s dealing with ultra-wealthy cyclists all day long!!

eyerideit
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    I like touching stuff when I’m in a bike shop. I don’t know why but I do.

Do you also have to try and change gear,pull brake levers and attempt to pick them up whilst still attached to the stand
    DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE !!!!!
    (flashback to a scratched Parlee frame episode….despite a ‘keep yer mitts off’ sign and it being secured to the stand-flippers,all of em!!)

No I just like running my finger along the lines of the bike.

I’d never changed gears and try to pick up a bike, I’m not a child FFS. 🙄 (well I’d stop doing that in my 20’s)

But sometimes I do flick the frame, to see what sound it makes. My faces are carbon (hollow thud) and 853 steel a lovely little resonating ding sound. Is that OK?

Rik
    Free Member

We have a road bike shop in Sheffield of all places where that is the entry method!! In Sheffield!!

Cool shop – but I personally would ride £5000 wheels in a city where a pot hole is not a pothole unless you can lose a mini in it!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Same for On-One in oh-so-posh Rotherham.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Given the value of some of the stock, and the alarming regularity of bikes being taken from London (and other city/town) bike shops, I’d say that’s a good thing for them.

In almost any good shop these days, the bikes are all chained up and/or locked down. This avoids damaged stock, which harms the already small margins of the bike industry, along with helping to prevent stolen stock, which also massively hits what is (as their site says!) a low margin business. The margin is in things as banal as inner tubes, and in things as important and skilled as spanner-wrangling.

rewski
    Free Member

I posted about them a while back, was looking at firefly ti bikes, very nice.

landcruiser
    Free Member

“Bolts checked and tightened to correct torque”

All the bolts….! Worth it just for that !

GJP
    Free Member

That’s nothing compared to the guys as SigmaSport in Hampton Wick nr Kingston. Yes bespoke is a little more niche but sigma sport does niche and scale

SigmaSportShopTour

Keef
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1s0XsulDXtk[/video]

athgray
    Free Member

I hope those stands rotate.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’m liking that ‘chest’ of colnago frames on the sigma sports website.

crikey
    Free Member

I’d give that 12 months, tops.

Give me a grubby shop with riders and racers in who sell real race bikes instead of coffee table bikes.

…and Condor is underwhelming as competition…

yunki
    Free Member

howarthp

Bespoke has been around for quite some time and will thrive. Read the article in the FT to get a picture

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9447017c-8007-11e1-b4a8-00144feab49a.html#axzz1yxpqxsfC

ChrisA
    Free Member

I love the concept of the store and I hope they’ll continue to thrive

In the city, it’s not just about how much it costs (that doesn’t really come into it), it’s how exclusive & individual it is. Thats their target market & is exactly what the shop offers, so good luck to them.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

I’d give that 12 months, tops.

I went there in 2008 (the old shop in Hoxton Square) so I think your prediction is a little off

atlaz
    Free Member

Wallet? I think countryfile refer to that appendage as a ‘purse’

Surely your gentleman’s gentleman takes care of that?

martinhutch

Very nice virtual tour. Really brings out the quality in the wood floor.

Was a bit worried about the ‘Shoeing Area’, though. Was half expecting a couple of bevvied up West Ham fans sitting there waiting for you.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Surely your gentleman’s gentleman takes care of that?

Indeed, one never carrys anything as vulgar as the Queens currency – plays havoc with the trouser line or hang of the suit jacket. One simply has to have one’s Equerry leave one’s card (embossed, real gold leaf lettering) with the chap and ask it to be charged.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Is the poshest bike shop ever?’ is closed to new replies.