Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is the Polaris Challenge still going????
  • Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Was really up for doing the winter Polaris but the website seems to have gone?

I know the event organisation changed a while back. But does anyone know if it is still going????

Matt

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Was just discussing this last night with a contact in the mtb/mountain clothing industry – he was of the understanding that the race had changed ownership again so there may be more news shortly.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Ok cheers mate I will keep my eyes peeled. If nothing else at least the thoght of doing it has got me out and about on the bike a bit more the last few months! If it isnt running though I may as well get back to the pub… LOL

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

I was wondering the same thing, especially since the site went down. This is a copy of the reply from PC organisers

We are just in the process of updating the website and it should be back up in the near future.

There are currently 3 events being planned for 2010. We don’t have any plans for a winter challenge this year I’m afraid.

Many thanks for your enquiry

Same, I was looking forward to an autumn PC.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo all that training for nothing LOL My mate is going to be ecstatic though, the fat knacker 😉 ha ha

aracer
    Free Member

It was bought (?) back from Detail Events (who ran it for the last few years) by the original organisors. Fairly sure it's still going, though ISTR they may only be doing a Summer event this year. You're right about any and all websites being dead though.

The event market's not good at the moment though – the Polaris numbers were still steadily declining (with a slight rally due to new formats). Meanwhile the recent Sheffield Rat Race had a dismally small entry (that's after Birmingham and Brighton were both cancelled due to lack of entries). Can't believe Detail Events' bank balance is too healthy at the moment – presumably they're hoping for another jumbo entry for London, though I'm not so sure that will happen.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I used to love doing the 'old' Polaris events. I even finished 90th o/a once! (1999 I think) then the entry fees went doolally & they put it on when I was working. Haven't done one for yonks now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is the Polaris Challenge still going????’ is closed to new replies.