Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Is the latest Star Trek film any good?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Tesco are doing it for a tenner.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Yes, but it’ll be on sky very soon

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yes it was good but it’s on Sky BO now.

Harry_the_Spider

Not got SKY movies.

Think I’ll take a punt at Tesco.

jeffl

I didn’t think it was as good as the first one. But still worth a tenner.

wallop

My love for the first one is a bit excessive. I’m only going to be disappointed with the second one 🙁

iolo
    Free Member

It has the words “Star Trek” in the title so probably not.

oldnpastit

Worth it for £5, but £10 seems a bit steep unless you really like corny films.

PrinceJohn

Depends if you like the original star trek or not?

I’ve quite enjoyed the reboots/alternative universe films but was never an avid star trek fan.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwrITyAERk[/video]

Video contains spoilers if you’ve not seen the first one…

clubber
    Free Member

I thought it was great. Ymmv of course

Northwind

I thought it was pretty damn good tbh. Not perfect mind and I don’t know how well it’ll transfer to the little screen, in full on mind-bursting imax 3d it was fantastic.

(also, it’s good fun watching the way they give Karl Urban all the worst scenes, just to see what’ll happen. The worse he gets, the better Chris Pine gets, til eventually Urban is completely useless and Chris Pine is… less useless than normal)

martinhutch

I saw it in IMAX 3D as well, and thought it was great!

May be less impressed on DVD..

BobaFatt
    Free Member

it’s all personal opinion, but I thought it was pretty poor. Started out promising enough but it all got a bit lost with what seemed like a takked on ending 20 minutes after it finished.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I watched it last night and absolutely loved it. I’m not a star trek fan at all but thought it was a really really great sci fi flick. Worth a tenner absolutely.

gears_suck
    Free Member

You’re obviously a fan so you will probably like it. There will always be douches on here that will put whatever you like down. For a tenner, you can’t really go wrong. So ignore them and go watch you some Star Trek.

Northwind

I think I love Gears Suck.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above starts off good but quickly falls into the old routine of preposterous technological failures on a 23rd century starship and a villain who’s about as threatening as a Space Hopper.

Needs far more alien action, planets/galaxies blowing up/being sucked into alternative dimensions etc and massive interstellar space battles. Acting not too shabby but Klingons tragically under-used. 7/10

CountZero

I really enjoyed it, but I never enjoyed the Star Trek TV series, and the Trekkers hate the latest film, so make of that what you will.

piemonster

Meh, in the worth a fiver but not a tenner camp here.

I’m not a fan of the franchise mind you.

Smudger666

How can you not like the franchise when this is technically part of the franchise….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLxLmFhROqY&sns=em[/video]

You’re welcome.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I like that cartoon 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Is the latest Star Trek film any good?’ is closed to new replies.