Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is the hope vision 1 any good?
  • philfive
    Free Member

As stated above, is this any good for general short off road pottles?

epicyclo

I’ve used mine like this, but backed up with a helmet light.

Does the job BUT when the battery goes flat the light goes out instantly.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Quite good as a commuter light, but as above, I wouldn’t want to use it on it’s own for a night ride.

flashes
    Free Member

Yep, as Mr Bagstard says………

RicB

For ~£25 you can get a Ultrafire 501 torch with XM-L led (~500 lumens), plus 2 x 18650 batteries (60mins runtime each) and charger and helmet mount from DX.

Mad to consider anything else imho

rocketman
    Free Member

Fine for 10-12mph on fireroady type stuff. I have had one for several years it’s ideal to throw on the bars for those nights when you’re heading back home and it’s not properly dark.

Lasts for several hours with some 2700mAh batteries. Wildy expensive and of course you can probably get 10 torches from dx for the same price etc etc etc

ricardo666
    Free Member

ok for fireroad and canal path

but wouldnt like to do any singletrack stuff

great as my commuting light

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Much as everybody else says really – pain in the arse when the batteries go though, and expensive for what it is. Hope back up service is great.

Saccades
    Free Member

I use mine as a helmet light to compliment a Maxx race on the bars.

I like it loads – the ability to stick the AA’s in and not have any cables floating about is what I was looking for.

It’s got a focused beam compared to the maxx race and gets good depth, enough for scooting about with offroad. Used it in the bonty 24/12 and got the expected burn times with 2750mh batteries.

I like it – I’m sure there is cheaper but it does what I want perfectly.

Frodo

Yes, as a helmet mounted light only. The beam is whey too narrow to handlebar mount for off road stuff.

I use mine helemt mounted with a DX 900 lumen on the bars, this combo works surprisingly well.

It is a little heavy and moves about if there is any slack in the helmet straps – get that sorted and you will hardly know it is there!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is the hope vision 1 any good?’ is closed to new replies.