Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is Sunday a schoolnight?
  • Stu_N

Tonight we have dispatched the remains of the wine from the last few days, plus a new bottle (Gemtree Tatty Road for the record – very good Aussie fake claret), both for morale and food matching purposes only you understand.

I have a rule about not drinking much on a school night, but I suspect the results may not be pretty tomorrow morning.

So my question is – Is Sunday morally "mine" or "the man's"?

Serious answers only please.

.duncan
    Free Member

it is in my parents eyes

rhys
    Free Member

I **** hate Sunday night. ergo it must be a school night.
    Some times it can be as early as Saturday midday that I can see Sunday night looming!!

Still the Skie cross brightened it up tonight.

Just think how bad it would be if I did'nt actually enjoy my job!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

reluctantly the mans.
    sunday is a weekend day but a school night.
    friday is a weekday but a non school night.

give one, take one

woody2000

9-5 is the man's, everything else is mine, MINE I tell's ya! 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

No Sunday nights are fine – Mondays are for riding . . . I'm back to school on Tuesdays 😀

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Realistically, yes it's a school night. However I refuse to let the weekend end early so tend to enjoy a good bottle of red. Likewise Thursday is a school night but it's long been the start of the (pre) weekend for me so I tend to inbibe then too. Luckily years of practice allows me to perform acceptably at work after too much booze the night before.

juiced
    Free Member

mondays for training rides. sunday is still the weekend but to a lesser extent.Sometimes have one or two pints but that's it. Somtimes nothing.

juiced
    Free Member

IME Sundays are regarded as a school night, where's Thursdays are not as ( to the same extent)many people go socializing from then onwards.

samuri
    Free Member

My opinion on the matter is thus. If I'm going to be meeting anyone whose opinion I care enough about (i.e., those people who control how much I get paid) to attempt to keep them sweet, I'll avoid any booze the night before lest I smell of alcohol the next day.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Going by the stink in the toilets every Monday I would say that most people view it as they're own. I don't myself but the vast majority at work on the Monday are definitely suffering with the beershits. It's rank!

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Learn to live without the support of alcohol, then you can enjoy yourself whatever night of the week it is!

:0)

BB

Onzadog
    Free Member

The man as you put it, either gets Friday night or Sunday night. You choose. As a kid, Sunday was bath, hair wash, watch the muppets and then early to bed because of school tomorrow. Friday is most definitely mine, He can have Sunday nights, they're a bit pants by comparison.

toys19
    Free Member

Having a hangover on your time is a waste of your time, always get p*ssed on sunday nights and thursday nights so that you have your hangovers on work time.

br
    Free Member

School night in our house, as far as the kids are concerned.

But while its still the weekend for us, there's no lie in on Monday, so…

Stu_N

something up with me drains but apart from that, no ill effects. Didn't even need a bacon roll when I got into work. Must be a product of drinking a reasonable quantity of reasonable wine.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Sunday / monday / Tuesday / Wednesday nights are school nights*.

Thursday = thirsty thursday; you've been sober for 4 days, you deserve a drink.

Friday / Saturday; normal drinking rules apply

(*medicinal drinking only)

crazy-legs

Sunday was one of my favourite nights to go out when I was at uni. Maybe it was because
    a) Saturday was always rammed (and expensive) in pubs/clubs/cinemas
    b) I was usually out riding on Sunday morning

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is a school night for kids BUT it is your time once they are in bed ..just dont overdo it

KT1973
    Free Member

The laws of school night physics do not apply to me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is Sunday a schoolnight?’ is closed to new replies.