Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • is Smorgasbord tyre Tubeless ready ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Im about to order a on-on Smorgasbord tyre and just would like to know if they are tubeless ready as that is what i need. ( also how are they ? )
    Cheers

shaungero
    Free Member

And what smorgasbord tyre is the best to run tubeless ? Trail – Enduro – Trail extreme ?
    Thanks

nuke

Yes and no…they don’t advertise them as TR but they work just fine tubeless and, by coincidence, i set one up tubeless today replacing a worn Smorg that’s done a couple of years tubeless service.

mactheknife

Shaungero, i used one on a flow ex and it worked absolutely fine tubeless but i am sur eit is not rated by on-one as such.

What tyre size are you needing as i have 2 x 26″ enduro compound in my garage rotting away 🙂

Andy-R

They work great tubeless – I use them on the back of all my bikes but one, all are the dual compound trail extreme version.

porlus
    Free Member

Smorgasbord and chunky monkey here. Both running as tubeless and hold air on Stans crests’ exceedingly well.

MartynS

I’m using smorgasbord 2.25 trail extreme on a mavic 717 rim. Running tubeless with a stans rim strip.
    It was an absolute pain to set up, had to go to the LBS and use his compresser to get it to seat but has been fine since.

They are quite heavy tyres!

shaungero
    Free Member

Great, thanks for that guys.
    Mactheknife it is 26inch I’m looking for, could you please email me how much you would like for them and the condition. shaundavies86AThotmailDOTcom.
    cheers for that

mactheknife

email sent buddy 🙂

MadBillMcMad

both great tyres as well

scandal42
    Free Member

Smorgasbord and chunky monkey here. Both running as tubeless and hold air on Stans crests’ exceedingly well.

Ditto

asbrooks

^^ What he said!

retro83
    Free Member

The only tyres I’ve used which went up first time with just a track pump. Really good for tubeless.

shaungero
    Free Member

Ok so I tried to set up tubeless today with a track pump and failed badly. Any tips please

mactheknife
    porlus
    Free Member

Aye. One of these is a boon 😀

scc999

I also set mine up tubeless with a ghetto inflator – no probs holding air.

Si

chrisdw
    Free Member

Wrap more tape!

shaungero
    Free Member

Will make 1 tomorrow. Cheers

tmb467
    Free Member

CO2 inflator helped me get em on

paul123
    Free Member

Are these OK in terms of rolling resistance compared to say a DHF and are the sidewalks on a par with day a spesh grid or Schwalbe super gravity?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘is Smorgasbord tyre Tubeless ready ?’ is closed to new replies.