• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • is sadgill / gatesgarth / harter fell hike-a-bike?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

I want to do Nan Bield, have down garburn loads of times so was just planning on starting at kentmere, then over to sadgill which i know is rideable, then up gatesgarth, cheeky harter fell bit and down nan bield to kentmere again.

Is this all pretty much rideable? Just wondering how early i should set off tomorrow so i’m back by lunch which will mean the wife hasnt gone grumpy.

hora
    Free Member

Tick doing this tomorrow.

GavinB

We did it in 3hr 46mins last December. Its only 20 miles, or so.

Quite a lot of pushing/carrying up Gatesgarth and Harter Fell – maybe 30 mins or so.

Obviously plenty will tell you it’s all doable SS on 32:16, but then, it is STW 😉

hora
    Free Member

From memory as you leave Kentmere to head towards Sheepfold/Sadgill you turn up by the house painted white?

meeeee
    Free Member

in kentmere, turn left at white house (just by the bridge), up the hill, left at the T junction then keep going along this road until you see the bridleway on RHS. Then over to sadgill and who knows what as never been further than that 😀

hora
    Free Member

I have 🙂 on my own too. Did the cheeky shortcut over Harter and pivoted on the BB on a steep techy drop over the thin singletrack. Hmmm that’d been an interesting stranded lay until found…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘is sadgill / gatesgarth / harter fell hike-a-bike?’ is closed to new replies.