Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is night riding doable with Hope Vision 1 light?
  • WaywardRider
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a Hope Vision 1 light for some nightime riding (off road)was wondering if they’re upto the Job?

Also any battery recomendations would be usefull.

br
    Free Member

My mate has one on his bars, it works fine – but you also need another light (on your helmet) to enable ‘shadows’ to see roots/holes etc.

But a simple LED torch will be fine.

martymac

you can night ride with just about any light in my opinion.
    if you have a crap light, you just go slower for the same excitement level/sense of danger.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve run one and it’s just about doable, on trails you know. It’s pretty bright for it’s size but the beam pattern is quite narrow so isn’t ideal. I sometimes run a pair of them which is fine, if a bit heavy…

mrmo
    Free Member

when i started night riding i was using a single Vista Light VL400, a mighty 2.5watts of focusable light. Speeds were very slow, but it was possible.

So yes it will be possible, but not very fast, oh and if you ride with anyone else be prepared to have your lights swamped and effectively riding with no lights.

racefaceec90

2nd about getting a torch as well.you can get pretty bright torches for not too much money (others here can guide you in the right direction)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is night riding doable with Hope Vision 1 light?’ is closed to new replies.