Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Is my "troll" tag jsutified?
  • Edukator
    Free Member

I’m not expecting sensible replies but is it?

Edit: the spelling error isn’t trolling it’s just that I haven’t got my glasses on and even with a 94cm screen I can’t see what I type very well.

wwaswas

If this counts as questioning the moderators decision then yes 🙂

bruneep

online bullying?

garage-dweller

Well I heard on the Internet that you were partial to eating things that trip trapped over your bridge. That’s often a sign of troll like tendencies.

Are you particularly fond of (say) curried goat?

Another way to check is if you find yourself starting at Minas Tirith surrounded by an orc army who are all shorter than you.

Hope this helps. 😆

SaxonRider

Depends. Are you hairy and live under a bridge?

EDIT: D’oh! Beaten to it. And it was such a worthy joke.

Wally

Might have something to do with only being on a mountain bike forum for the chat?
    Rollamagig, onza elastomer, smokes and darts…mean anything?

ctk

Not that I have seen

zippykona

If I had a tag it would say “VOICE OF REASON”

jambalaya
    Free Member

Now or in the past ?

Now, not from what I’ve seen but I don’t read everything on here

@zippy – already taken 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

even with a 94cm screen

#humblebrag

MSP

There are others more worthy of the tag.

garage-dweller

If anyone on here qualified for that then they would surely be instantly banned for life. It has no place here.

Edukator
    Free Member

I no doubt spend a lot more time on MTBs than most on here, Wally (three hours today) but after years of seeing people getting really angry discussing something as trivial as their bikes on Bike Magic decided not to post in the bike forum on here.

wwaswas

Because no one gets cross on the chat forum?

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, old man trying to pretend they can text and type on mobile computer phone.

Ya, no good.

I cannot even see with my normal eyesight on me normal non-smart phone …

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No. It’s not even funny imo.

Edukator
    Free Member

I understand people being angry about some things, Wwaswas, it’s hard to watch the news and not feel slightly angry about something. Bikes, not worth it.

Cougar

If this counts as questioning the moderators decision then yes

Not us, guv.

leffeboy

There are others more worthy of the tag.

That x 1000000

Cougar

If you want a personal answer,

When it was assigned, it was absolutely justified. These days, not so much.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The only two funny ones are JY’s and zokes’ (but for zokes’, you’d have to remember the thread in question).

I think Drac’s should be “Not Even A Real Vampire”.

sc-xc

CFH, with the humblebrag hashtag…are you a PCD?

jekkyl

No the tag is no longer justified.

RustySpanner

Be honest, you love it.
    🙂

Bregante

If binners had a Tag it would say “property of group 4 monitoring services”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PCD

Probable cause of death?

deadlymostlyharmlessdarcy – Member
    The only two funny ones are JY’s and zokes’ (but for zokes’, you’d have to remember the thread in question).

Drac

Don’t bet on it.

wwaswas

Genuine question;

Has having that tag changed how our when you post on here? Do you consider a little more before hitting post?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any forum bizzies should definitely be tagged as such.

I miss deluded. 🙁

The rest of them are nowhere near as clever as he was (and he was only just cleverer than average tbf – but not bad for a bizzie.)

pitduck
    Free Member

no

RobHilton
    Free Member

PCD
    Probable cause of death?

Pussy Cat Doll

RobHilton
    Free Member

If anyone on here qualified for that then they would surely be instantly banned for life.

Now I understand what happend to TJ!

Edukator
    Free Member

Most of the time I forget it’s there, Wwaswas. It was the reference to it on the “do the mods know who we are?” thread that got me wondering if the assumption that everything I write is trolling was general. It would appear not.

As for having any effect on what I post, I’ve had more bans and e-mail warnings since the tag was added than before which might suggest the contrary or it could be that other members and mods are less tolerant because of the tag.

Some things I’ve learned not to do. There’s been a progressive clamping down on anything with sexual connotations and the forum like society in general demands an increasingly politically correct approach. When a member is being his own worst enemy I no longer link three of his own threads to prove it. I now only contribute to personal issues threads when I have something to add that might help, and more to the point when I feel some kind of affinity and feel the person can be helped.

seosamh77
    Free Member

not so i’ve noticed.

wwaswas

Ta

Fwiw, I think it’s not a tag that applies now but I understood mark’s frustration at the time.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

It is odd as you imply as many on here should be out on bikes if not that then working rather than posting aimlessly 24/7.
    They are the folk that like to have an almighty opinion of others and ways of doing this and that but doubt they’re in any position to judge.

So all the long term lurkers that come on here once in a while to get advice and to use the news section have to scroll through all the crap that is posted up by our blessed (read: special) regulars.
    🙄

metalheart
    Free Member

When it was assigned, it was absolutely justified. These days, not so much.

I think this. Mostly. Iirc it was assigned around the time of the idiet ‘debates’ and you were posting top less photos of yourself and stuff… 😯

These days I think you make a worthwhile contribution to (some) threads. And I was actually thinking the other day your ‘handle’ was no longer really applicable.

Just MHO.

Superficial
    Free Member

As someone who is not a long term forum regular and isn’t privy to/doesn’t care about the in-jokes, I sort of assumed it was an ironic title. I haven’t seen you trolling anyway. I’m actually kinda jealous that you have a special tag. Going back to member would surely be a downgrade?

Drac

As for having any effect on what I post, I’ve had more bans and e-mail warnings since the tag was added than before which might suggest the contrary or it could be that other members and mods are less tolerant because of the tag.

I can’t even recall when it assigned to you but it was some ago so probably equates to why you’ve had more. To be fair as others have said you have settled down to what you were, that suggests it’s worked.

jamj1974

Not that I’ve noticed OP.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Is my "troll" tag jsutified?’ is closed to new replies.