Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Is my neighbor a judgmental misanthrope?
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

We moved into a new house 6 months ago and couldn’t wait to start sprucing it up. It came to our attention that a neighbor, Derek I think his name is, was less than impressed with our efforts…even going so far as to whinge about it online to a bunch of complete strangers!

Not long after, following a hard day’s DIY, I treated myself to a little bifta…just to wind down. Some like a glass of wine or a beer (don’t touch alcohol myself) I prefer my medicine as Jah intended! But lo and behold, old Derek’s up to his tricks, sticking his beak into my business and posting about it online again! What is this guy’s problem?

I could overlook the above and pass it off as ‘a bit wierd’ but now I find out that he’s taking an unhealthy interest in when my two underage daughters are at home alone. WTF?! Seriously….I’ve a good mind to get in touch with Operation Yewtree.

br
    Free Member

🙂

DaRC_L

😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevied
    Free Member

I’d be cautious if I were you. He’s got guns… 😯

Squidlord
    Free Member

😀

nicecupoftea
    Free Member

Do not start farting, or Derek will have a fit! And will most probably contact……the internet police!

footflaps

I think the answer is Yes. 🙂

Northwind

He might be horrible but I’m pretty sure he’s not a werewolf

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Oh to be Dereks neighbour kids, the younger neighbours

CountZero

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

A Marlin 1895 SBL perhaps? A work of art it is. :mrgreen:

Tiger6791

Just make sure your bar ends are plugged

thegreatape
    Free Member

It is right to nip this type of negligent behaviour in the bud – it’s a slippery slope.

Today it’s just leaving kids alone in the house, but before you know it those people will riding bikes without bothering to install bar end plugs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just make sure your bar ends are plugged

😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh FFS its 11pm and still some nimble fingered bastard snuck in while I was typing 👿

Tiger6791

I know, and I barely bother with STW anymore aswell 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sod off again then 🙂

I’ve just revisited that thread for old times sake. Still chuckling…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Woahhhhhhh.
    Forget the house renovation stuff. A knock on the door and a heads up would gave been my tact but hey.
    Smoking class Bs in the back garden with kids in house. Okay. I have a red wine or three (but it’s legal).
    Leaving two under 15 yo girls at home for two nights. Not my call but I think it’s wrong.

Two weeks ago father burst into 14 yo’s bedroom and called her an efffing tw@@ and an effing nob head as she’d spilled something on the carpet. It was loud. And very, very aggressive. We have thin walls and her bedroom is next to ours. That’s how I know. I’m not nosey. I’m pissed off with the noise and vibe and concerned that it may escalate.

That is all.

chewkw
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member
    That is all.

May I suggest Kel Tec KSG to counter Marlin above?

Or Benelli …

climbingkev
    Free Member

😆

jambourgie
    Free Member

fin25
    Free Member

Derek,

I’ll put it to you again…
    Have you spoken to your neighbours face to face, or do you think airing all of this on a mountain bike forum will make it all go away?

If it was me having my private life plastered all over a public forum I would not be best pleased.

Just saying like…

kudos100
    Free Member

7/10 good effort OP.

Some people really need a hobby.

derek_starship
    Free Member

If it was me having my private life plastered all over a public forum I would not be best pleased.

So, from my tedious and futile ranting on here, you know who my neighbours are and I have compromised their privacy?

Do you work at GCHQ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you work at GCHQ?

No the Lizard Men

rumple
    Free Member

j450n
    Free Member

These Gun Pic’s re giving me a Stiffy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, who was nicecupoftea before the almost certainly ban induced name change?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Is my neighbor a judgmental misanthrope?’ is closed to new replies.