Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is it normal to lock your kids in their bedrooms?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

We don’t have kids but have to put up with the noise of next door’s 2 and 6 year olds.

It is quite clear from screaming exchanges that the kids are locked in their bedrooms so mummy can have me time.

This morning, about 09:30, the noise from the bedroom that abuts ours was horrendous. It sounded like a child being murdered peppered with pleas to be let out. Pleas that were refused by her slack mouthed mother.

This locking in business only seems happen when her partner is out.

What do the STW mums and dads make of this?

dabble
    Free Member

Sounds a bit harsh to me, and if she’s only doing it when the partner is out it suggests he’s not on board.

Tattle.

Edit- I don’t have kids

parkesie
    Free Member

Locking in a cupboard is more the norm surely?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Far better to duct tape ’em to a chair in my experience especially if you’ve got one of them potty style ones they have in old people’s homes.

zokes
    Free Member

Hobnobs, anyone?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Shed works for us, as we can shut the windows on the house and not hear them.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I was but as a punishment, not routine…

allthepies
    Free Member

Poor kids, what an upbringing.

mtbfix

I sometimes wish we had a lock on mtbfixlette’s room but the clamour she’d make would be unbearable. Oh, and it’s properly bad parenting.

piha
    Free Member

Firm but fair…..

poly
    Free Member

It sounded like a child being murdered peppered with pleas to be let out.

I assume that if that was true you called the police?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

godzilla
    Free Member

Suggest some soundproofing?

zokes
    Free Member

Oh, and it’s properly bad parenting.

\o/

yossarian
    Free Member

Our lads occasionally get sent to their rooms if they’ve been properly naughty but never considered locking them in.

<scratches chin>

Could work…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blimey!

Has the woman never heard of benzodiazpam, some peopple have no consideration for their neighbours.

Always good to lock kids in their room, just in case there’s a fire, think of the holiday you could have on the insurance.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is it normal to lock your kids in their bedrooms?’ is closed to new replies.