Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is my fork setup properly?
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

I have a fox float 140mm RLC 2012 fork. I am 13stone (plus weight of riding gear) and run 75Psi, 5 clicks of rebound (from fully slow) and 3 clicks of low speed compression.

Problem- they feel good in a straight line and over rocks are very smooth, however they feel ‘nervous’ on twisty stuff and I occasionally feel like it wants to pitch me over the bars.

Can’t decide if it’s to do with Air pressure, rebound or Low speed compression?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

5lab

sounds like the angles are too steep on you frame (if its trying to pitch you over the front). Shorter stem might be the cheapest option, or hack the bars down a bit

honourablegeorge

Hack the bars down?

greeble
    Free Member

13stone at 75 psi sounds too low tbh.
    I’m 11.5 stone fully kitted and i run 75psi in my 140mm floats. maybe slighty flast rebound too

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps increase low speed comp a tad, helps prevent brake dive a bit.
    WRT pressure, I run mine at about 90psi and im 16.5st + kit.

5lab

Hack the bars down?

overly wide bars pull your weight forwards, particularly round tight corners (as you have to reach the ‘forward’ bar) – if you’ve got wide bars, narrowing them allows your weight to sit slightly further back which can help.

Its also a free thing to try as you can just move all your controls/grips inbound and see if it makes a difference

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Read loco tuning guide.

IMO you need to set the spring rate first – sag then travel and then then damping. Don’t use compression damping to counter a too low spring rate

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    bigdan6
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

I’m going to follow your advice and try 10psi more and a few clicks slower rebound

Unless someone suggests otherwise?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is my fork setup properly?’ is closed to new replies.