Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is my fiat warranty void if i get it serviced somewhere else?
  • Joe

Main stealer just quoted me about £300 to service a 24 month old Fiat Panda. I’ve got another year’s warranty which I wish to preserve.

Can i just go to the local garage and get it done there or will this render my warranty void? The main stealer gave me such a slippery answer that i ended the conversation more confused than I started. The cars only done 15,000 miles.

Its the cars second service (the first was included in the price of the car).

wilde86
    Free Member

you can have it serviced at any reputable and VAT registered garage aslong as they dollow manufacturer guidelines and use apporved parts.. Any warranty work HAS to be carried out by authorised fiat dealers only 🙂

higgo
    Free Member
    Joe

Thanks very much guys.

avdave2

and use apporved parts

Parts only need to be of comparable quality, they do not have to be approved. I had a great conversation with a garage on behalf of a friend around this. I ended up getting the salesman to retract everything he’d claimed once I told him I’d take it all to trading standards and inform his boss that his staff didn’t know the law and were lying to customers.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Be careful – some manufacturers only supply the first years warranty, the remainder is covered by the importer and they can stipulate that the car must be dealer serviced. I’d check this out first. Also, what are they doing for £300? Doesn’t sound too extreme to me. Even if you save £100 elsewhere, it may make the car lest desireable when you come to sell it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is my fiat warranty void if i get it serviced somewhere else?’ is closed to new replies.