Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is my boss a ****?! – views?
  • rob2
    Free Member

He takes all my work and palms it off as his own.

Today, he took something I’d been working on for the last month and presented it as is own in front of all the senior managers.

Does that make him a **** or is that just how work goes?!

How do I stop this happening?!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Punch him on the nose, kick in the gonads and sl*g his wife. That will teach him good manners!

geoffj

Your boss is supposed to take responsibility for your mistakes and give the credit for your work to you when presenting it to others. You decide

mudshark
    Free Member

How does this happen? If that happened in front of me I’d jump straight in and let people know it was my work but different type of work environment I’m sure – indeed it would never happen to me.

Dekerfer
    Free Member

Embed your name as the author into the Powerpoint template – most senior managers are too inept to work out how to remove it especially if you give them the pres at the last minute.

noteeth
    Free Member

Make him dance – in full view of senior management.

JulianA
    Free Member

Shoes and bombers spring to mind…

‘Tis bad stuff though, doesn’t sound as though he’s too good a manager: bit insecure about his position?

richardk
    Free Member

Do some crap work, and then dig holes in it when he passes it off as his. He won’t do it again

carlphillips
    Free Member

i’d be sure to let all in the meeting know it was mine, and make him look a **** for trying to pass it off as his

rob2
    Free Member

Yeah I need a strategy.

I might do some crap work, put his name on the powerpoint then s*** his wife! yes.

He is a shocking manager. At the end of our last team meeting (only 2 in six months I might add) he said “I don’t plan to be here in the next year or two just want to get things set up”.

Perhaps i should admire him really. And if only he took the wrap for things that went wrong!

rj
    Free Member

Rhetorical question, then?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

What size boot does his bollocks take ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Talk to his boss?

Ed2001
    Free Member

You are young grasshopper, and yet to realise that all bosses are arseh**** , one day you may become one of those bosses and so carry on the great tradition.

aracer
    Free Member

Didn’t bother reading the thread, just the title – yes, obviously, he’s your boss.

johnners
    Free Member

Well, I’m convinced that you’re a thoroughly creative and hard working individual and he’s a waster and has been waiting his whole professional life for someone as good as you to come along just so he can nick their ideas.

Really I am.

RustySpanner

Union?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I like neither of my bosses and they don’t like me, but without me they’d be up shit creek!

One dat a real rain will come!

user-removed
    Free Member

Stand up and congrtulate your boss for recognising a great idea, then expand upon it – keep a little back. Make it clear the conception was yours whilst bigging up the MAN.

Keeps your boss onside, to an extent and also lets the senior management know where the idea came from.

Sh@g his wife.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve had a boss like that. Little horror he was. Hated him. Nasty, argumentative, sneaky bugger he was. I never got the chance to stitch him up at work but then I saw him in M&S many years later and tailed him. I hoped he would start shoplifting so I could report him to security but he just bought underpants and a shirt for his horrible body because his rancid sweat had burned a hole in his existing clothes.

I have to say, though, whilst some of my bosses for the last 9 years or so have been absolute pants, each and every one has recognised that keeping me on side is a good thing and makes them look good so they’ve acceeded to my demands and kept the pay rises coming in. I’ve been as ruthless as hell at each one 2 one and have pretty much told them, make it worth my while to stay or I leave.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is my boss a ****?! – views?’ is closed to new replies.