Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Is microsoft a three year old child.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

15 fooking pop upr to tell me that Im mnot connectedc to thE FReaking internaqt. Down load updates, how many do you need to send till you get the message???? I DONT WANT TO DOWNLOAD YOUR SH1TE!!!!
    **** off andf leazver me in peace………………………………

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Are you on drugs, or do you have unfeasibly fat fingers?

donsimon
    Free Member

You're funny!

shermer75
    Free Member

GrahamS

Down
    load updates, how many do you need to send
    till you get the message???? I DONT WANT
    TO DOWNLOAD YOUR SH1TE!!!!

Erm… you probably do want to download Windows Updates, at least all the Critical ones anyway, otherwise you'll find you have all kinds if nasties on your machine within a day or two of it hitting the internets.

donsimon
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Down
    load updates, how many do you need to send
    till you get the message???? I DONT WANT
    TO DOWNLOAD YOUR SH1TE!!!!

Erm… you probably do want to download Windows Updates, at least all the Critical ones anyway, otherwise you'll find you have all kinds if nasties on your machine within a day or two of it hitting the internets.

IE: don't need and I don't want so why the F… do I need downloads? I suppose you work in IT and know betterthan us mere mortals what we need. So get the fu….g message. Ask me once, fine. Ask me twice, er, ok. Ask me everfuckingday and you're becoming Steve Job's best friend. Even my dog learns faster.

Have a nice day!

johnners
    Free Member

Even my dog learns faste

I don't have a dog, but if I did I bet it could tick the box so it didn't get repeatedly told about updates.

So let your dog set your computer up.

donsimon
    Free Member

johnners – Member

Even my dog learns faste

I don't have a dog, but if I did I bet it could tick the box so it didn't get repeatedly told about updates.

So let your dog set your computer up.

Done it!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Doesn't Steve Jobs work for Apple? Why would he be sending you updates?

donsimon
    Free Member

tree-magnet – Member

Doesn't Steve Jobs work for Apple? Why would he be sending you updates?

Let me help you. Microsoft pi55 me off. What better advert could Apple have? Ineptitude is only going to help the competition. See? 🙄

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Ah yes, How could I not read your mind and know that? 🙄

monkeychild
    Free Member

Windoze the Swiss cheese of the is world

donsimon
    Free Member

tree-magnet – Member

Ah yes, How could I not read your mind and know that?

Try thinking for yourself. 🙄 Work in IT, do we? 😉

retro83
    Free Member

protip: you also get alerted about updates on Mac OSX.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I can think quite well thanks, and no, I don't work in IT. Do you work teaching English?

donsimon
    Free Member

Do you work teaching English?

Yes, why?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I would have thought that would be apparent.

donsimon
    Free Member

Duck!

GrahamS

IE: don't need and I don't want so why the F…
    do I need downloads? I suppose you work in IT
    and know betterthan us mere mortals what we
    need

Not quite, I'm a Software Engineer, but I've spent far too much of my life fixing friend's, family's and "mere mortals" PCs because they didn't keep up-to-date with security and Critical Updates.

So yes, I do know better 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

😀 nicely put Graham 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

IE: don't need and I don't want so why the F…
    do I need downloads? I suppose you work in IT
    and know betterthan us mere mortals what we
    need

Not quite, I'm a Software Engineer, but I've spent far too much of my life fixing friend's, family's and "mere mortals" PCs because they didn't keep up-to-date with security and Critical Updates.

So yes, I do know better

But in true IT style you haven't explained anything. You know best? Explain why there is an option to personalize the downloads rejecting the ones I don't want when the great microsoft is going to download it anyway. If it was for the best why not down load it automatically. Let's not think about the Service patch 2 (or whatever it was that screwed up so many people's PCs. You know best? Yours is the exact superiority complex that winds me up. Tree-magnet had just chilled me out and along comes this tripe!

GrahamS

But in true IT style you haven't explained
    anything

And in true misguided user style you didn't ask me to and wouldn't understand the answer if I did 🙂

Explain why there is
    an option to personalize the downloads
    rejecting the ones I don't want when the great
    microsoft is going to download it anyway

It won't. Assuming you've told it not to do "Automatic Updates".
    (Without baffling you with too much IT jargon, these are Updates that happen Automatically)

If it
    was for the best why not down load it automatically

Didn't you just complain that it was doing exactly that??

aracer
    Free Member

Explain why there is an option to personalize the downloads rejecting the ones I don't want when the great microsoft is going to download it anyway. If it was for the best why not down load it automatically.

Because then some idiot would go an a forum somewhere complaining about MS doing things he doesn't want it to. Oh…

Waderider
    Free Member

Why bother communicating with someone who can't?

For that matter, why bother posting on a thread started by a three year old?

zaskar
    Free Member

People hack PCs, People find problems that need fixing, it woud takes years to find problems before releasing the software.

Updates can help sort out problems (and cause more), especially critical ones -Apple or Windows.

I hate having updates when you need print out someting quick and dash off.

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

Do you still have the box the computer came in? 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

You should try one of these – designed for people who can't handle automated updates.

donsimon
    Free Member

I appear to have touched a nerve, let's not allow reasoned and rational argument get in the way of the insults, eh?

GrahamS

*tries to find Dilbert sketch where PHB has an Etch-A-Sketch, but gives up*

mogrim

lol, you spent 5 minutes searching for that, didn't you? 5 minutes you'll be billing a customer, I hope 🙂

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

"I DONT WANT TO DOWNLOAD YOUR SH1TE!!!!"

"reasoned and rational argument"

Errr not sure this started with a reasoned and tational argument but yes no reason for insults.

samuri
    Free Member

Great isn't it? Someone who can't understand difficult to understand things, blames the people who can. Yeah, it's our fault. Smart people accept when an expert knows more than they do about things and take the relevant advice on board, stupid people don't. It's up to you which category you feel suits you best.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Is microsoft a three year old child.’ is closed to new replies.