• This topic has 41 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by fin25.
Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Is Machine Justice devaluing our Laws??
  • BoardinBob

I’ve been caught by bus lane cameras also. Got busted at 6:58 for a 7:00 cutoff

Surely there’s a margin of error allowance there. That basically means it’s a crime to have your watch or clock at a different time from whatever the bus lane is pegged against.

fin25
    Free Member

Got spotted by cameras in London in my van, which apparently was non-compliant with the Low Emission Zone (which I had never heard of).
    First I knew about it was 2 weeks later when I got two PCN’s for £250 through the door. I rang them up, filled out a representation against the PCN’s (took 5 minutes online) and they let me off, despite the fact they were well within their rights to uphold the PCN’s. My ignorance of the LEZ was not much of an excuse, but the humans at the end of the machines used their discretion and let me off with a warning.
    I now know not to drive my van in London and will not repeat the mistake, so the cameras have fulfilled their purpose.
    The people that moan about getting caught out are often the ones that don’t learn from it.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Is Machine Justice devaluing our Laws??’ is closed to new replies.