Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • is mabies trails clear of snow yet?
  • addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

hi. thinking of heading to mabie on saturday. just wondering if the red trail is rideable and clear of snow?

BoardinBob

Drumlanrig was snow free yesterday so mabie should be fine

defaultslipper
    Free Member

not sure about mabie but im not too far away and there hasn't been ice outside the forest for weeks.
    i was up at ae at the weekend and there were only a couple of very small patches of ice. i would be surprised if there was any ice left at mabie at all.

giantonagiant

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but I'll be up in the Dumphries area later this week. Wondering if Kirroughtree is also rideable / mostly free of ice?
    Thanks.

addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

hope it will be clear at mabie because one of my riding mates moans & moans all the time when he's got to ride in snow!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Kirro is free of ice so is Dalbeattie, so I would be very surprised if the conditions were different at Mabie.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Blog is quite good for trail conditions

http://7stanes.blogspot.com/

Trekster

All clear. Has been for a week or so.
    Went night riding last Thurs @ Mabie folowed by Jemmas special macarroni.
    Riding Dalbeattie tomorrow and Ae on Thurs

mrplow
    Free Member

Trekster – Please ut up a condition report of Ae once you have been as I am heading there at the weekend.

Trekster

mr plow
    Should be all clear, it has been ping down here for a while today, saying that it is probably snowing at Ae!!!!
    Had a 4hr ride around the hills nr Ae last Mon and no sign of any snow/ice. Will be doing same ride on Sun coming, this time with some TCL trainees.
    Goes to look out window…………
    Will do a pic or 2 just for fun………..
    One thing is guaranteed, it will be muddy 🙄

Trekster

mrplow
    Ae this afternoon

mrplow
    Free Member

Muddy – wah! my bike is gleaming after it's winter spruce up… gutted, it will feel like being offroad at a trail centre.

forge197
    Free Member

was at Ae on Saturday did a bit of Red bit of Blue and the Downhill, there was a very tiny amount of snow up on the hills but like a small patch not across the path just where it had built up, nought to stop riding it was ace, though I was very very slow uphill 😥

organic355
    Free Member

any update on Mabie conditions for this weekend?

Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘is mabies trails clear of snow yet?’ is closed to new replies.