Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is low turnover a risk when house buying?
  • sideshow
    Free Member

Mrs Sideshow and I are thinking of leaving my house (on a street where properties seem to come and go each month) and buying in a village which according to the internet had only three houses sold in the last year.

Is it a risk to buy in such a place? If we wanted to move again might we have trouble shifting the house? How can you figure out if low turnover is due to low supply (nobody wanting to leave) or low demand (nobody wanting to arrive)? Is 3 per year pretty low?

Or isn’t it a risk at all, i.e. do you think houses will already be priced to sell whatever the turnover?

boxelder

Maybe residents love it and don’t leave. Maybe the last year was unusual.
    Don’t overthink it. If it’s right for you, go for it.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Probably means it’s a good area.

bigblackshed

Only 3 houses sold, but how many were / are on the market?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Zoopla will give information as to when houses were bought and sold if you look at the individual streets, it will even tell you the sold prices.

br
    Free Member

There are two types of villages, those that everyone would like to live in and those where even those that live there want to leave.

If you name the village someone on here will know which of the two it is, although it could be the second type and they are the ones selling the house…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are two types of villages, those that everyone would like to live in and those where even those that live there want to leave.

This +1000

What makes you want to live there?

There is a chance that it’s a place for people who have settled or they are all trapped in massive negative equity.

footflaps

How many houses in the village, 3 or 10,000? Would make a big difference to % turn over….

sideshow
    Free Member

Actually I think I got my wires crossed, on % the turnover is quite similar to where I live.

While we’re at it, how does one choose a mortgage broker? I lucked out with a good guy last time but I think he’s now retired. Or do I just try a few and see who can give the best deal?

trail_rat
    Free Member

id be more worried about a high turn over in a small village…..

soon after i moved in 3 houses in the hamlet(8 houses) went up for sale. i did wonder if i upset folk(its a joke right) …..then spoke with the folks that were leaving – they were all old people downsizing now the kids had left – they just decided to sell up after seeing what the old people in our house sold for…. made them realise it was a good time to move.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is low turnover a risk when house buying?’ is closed to new replies.