Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Is it wrong to think this is hilarious?
  • organic355
    Free Member

The old lady battering the armed robbers with her handbag yesterday, that was funny.

woody2000

Crack Hamster

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LNLI9XfTRvU[/video]

s
    Free Member

organic355 – Member

The old lady battering the armed robbers with her handbag yesterday, that was funny.

surf_matt’s nan you mean 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Not right the cat was given Acid, but the film looks like it was made in 1957 when animal rights and understanding the effects of LSD would have been very different.

To me it does like the cat is skydiving – so I couldn’t help let a small smile out.

loddrik
    Free Member

God there are some sanctimonious people on here…

swavis

I was wondering why they gave it to the cat in the first place, shirley a human could have given them far more descriptive results no?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

God job you’re here to balance things eh lodders?

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ll die trying…

philconsequence
    Free Member

who are you referring to loddy?

your thread title suggests you were having some problems working out if it’s morally wrong or not to enjoy watching a cat that looks pretty scared and upset during exposure to LSD…. if this is not the case and deep down you know how you really feel and how you think you should feel then why post the question other than to get a rise from the people you’re now calling sanctimonious?

obvious troll is obvious 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I trolleater. I eat troll.

I phillybuster. I eat philly.

loddrik
    Free Member

I find it funny when I know I shouldn’t. I thought that was pretty obvious, but peoples reactions kinda, well you know….

Plus the donkey vid was hilarious. In much the same way that people watch biking vids and laugh at people falling off, ergo their misfortune. Because things like that are funny.

loddrik
    Free Member

Seems to be the way of things on here these days that people who post things that the moral majority don’t necessarily subscribe to the they must be a troll/trolling etc.

If that’s what people think of me, I can live with that, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Been posting on here for years, yet the whole ‘trolling’ thing seems to have increased in the last few months. Get over it..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thing is you posted it so you can’t really get away with just saying “I wondered what you all thought”….you are bound to get a bit of a slating, take it like a man instead of whining like a girl.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not sanctimony. The idea made me rather upset. I can be sanctimonous about how you should have more empathy if you like?

The donky thing was somewhat amusing, esp as it was an accident, but it did have some pathos too.

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks molgrips, are you speaking on behalf of the forum now..? That should save a little time…

Al, I am not given over to introspection and believe me, criticism is fine, like I take much notice anyhow. You should all know that by now.

Nowt wrong with a bit of clarification from time to time.

philconsequence
    Free Member

whilst i may not agree with your sense of humour (i’m a nurse, was being honest when i said anything where it looks like someone is getting hurt generally doesnt make me laugh) but goddamit i’d fight and die for your right to be a troll/not care about being considered a troll
    😆

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’d say the cat vid was funniest out of the three animal vids.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So…Interested to know why those that think it’s wrong, think it’s wrong? Is it because it’s a cat? or because it’s an animal? or what. What are the boundaries on this?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, hilarious. 🙄

Cat will probably be unable to function after having it’s brains fried
    and get destroyed. Like a lot of old hippies I used to know…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What are the boundaries on this?

Haven’t you got any of your own?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Years ago, at the house of a reasonably well known (nowadays) xc racer we gave a cat a small amount of LSD, and then put a red spot on its forehead with an Edding permanent marker.

I am ashamed to admit that I did laugh at the time.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Do we know for certain that the cat didn’t volunteer? I’d say that’s a vital piece of information. I possibly watch too much ‘Road Cops’ though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What are the boundaries on this?
    Haven’t you got any of your own?

You shouldn’t answer a question with a question.
    I meant, what are your* boundaries on this.

To answer your question, yes, I have some of my own.

*the people who think it is wrong.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To answer your question, yes, I have some of my own.

As you were then. Do you think it’s funny?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hang on, you answer my questions first!

mmb
    Free Member

that cat wasn’t trippin dudes it’s just a really slippy floor!. i think someone’s tugging your todgers 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

Fair enough. My answer is that I don’t think there are definite boundaries, and also that they move all the time according to the moral zeitgeist. I’m not sure we’d all give a damn in 1957 – the moral zeitgeist was different back then. Yes, some more enlightened folks probably would have cared – but whose to know what either you or I would have thought in 1957?

I think you’d have to be pretty heartless to find it funny now – because most people think it’s probably a little unfair to subject a helpless animal to hallucinogenic drugs. Yes, it was fine to do it back then. But that was then. Just because it was done by people who didn’t know better doesn’t make it ok to laugh at it now.

I’d also be concerned with the level of empathy that a person who finds this funny has.

Kuco

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

In that case,

As you were then. Do you think it’s funny?

no I don’t.
    But is there a boundary to what animals with which it would be acceptable? Rats / Mice, spiders, etc…

You see the point. I’m wondering if people’s discomfort with it is because it’s a cat. If so, is it because the cat is usually domestic, friendly etc. or is it because of the size of it.

epicyclo

Vile.

zokes
    Free Member

philconsequence
    Free Member

joolsburger
    Free Member

The cat isn’t funny because it’s cruel. Seriously, how can anyone not know that?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

yeah, but would it be cruel if it was a rat?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Ha Ha Ha

Lifer
    Free Member

Pretty horrible to watch

Dobbo

I found it funny when the animal rights lot dug up that granny, some on here got wound up by that so it takes all sorts I suppose. 😆

DrDomRob
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHajPo2QUE8[/video] This is possibly one of the funniest LSD related videos I have ever seen.

No animals, just good old 1950’s soldiers and a posh man making some hilarious deadpan comments whilst commentating

DrDomRob
    Free Member

“With one man climbing a tree to feed the birds….” My favourite line!

Torminalis
    Free Member

This isn’t funny either but I find it quite interesting, do you think that makes me a bad person?

I mean, think of the spiders…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Is it wrong to think this is hilarious?’ is closed to new replies.