Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • is it wrong to block somebody in your own driveway
  • jordie
    Free Member

I have been having a big problem with Comet it is a long story but their customer service is crap.This is my plan engineer is coming out next week the same one that has already flooded my kitchen by not putting the waste pipe back on right.Anyhoo he always parks his little van in my driveway now it is only one car wide i am thinking of blocking his van in waiting till he is finished then ignoring the doorbell like they have been ignoring my phone calls all week.My wife is saying a big no way he might phone the police but what can they really do???

flatfish
    Free Member

To be fair it's not him that's ignoring your phone calls

Shandy
    Free Member

Sweet plan, looks foolproof to me.

iainc

he might just reverse 'by mistake' into your car – not his van after all is it ?

boxelder

ALWAYS ignore your wife.
    It should be the law.

jordie
    Free Member

shandy Lol

j_me
    Free Member

Is it wrong?
    Does your driveway have a dropped kerb ?
    If it does then, yes its technically wrong, you will be parking illegally.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

kidnapping/false imprisonment

jordie
    Free Member

no it just comes right in from the road we don`t even have a pavement

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Its against the law highway code to block a drive with a car on it

large418
    Free Member

I would say that yes you have a problem, but you are going the wrong way about fixing it. Find out the MDs / Chairmans name and write to him with a fair a balanced letter. Explain that you must have some kind of response, and copy the letter to the manager of the store you have an issue with.
    Blocking a technician in on your drive puts you in an undefendable position.

jordie
    Free Member

Sounds like this plan isn`t going to work. any other STW bright ideas

trailmonkey

CBT for your obvious anxiety issues ?

j_me
    Free Member

any other STW bright ideas

Go online and try and find the customer services or operations director's email address. Its probably not published, but look at the directors listing in the company's annual report then figure out the company's standard email format eg: <surname>.<forename> @ <company> .com .

Then email him/her direct with your issues.

Worked a treat for me when dealing with B&Q, had been fighting them for 3 weeks, after I sent the email the issue was resolved within 24 hours.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Not sure what your plan was going to achieve anyway, hostage swap, engineer for a new washing machine/kitchen floor?

jordie
    Free Member

Hey Tracker hostage swap that is funny. I am feeling better now i have had a really bad day getting pasted from department to department

bunnerscj
    Free Member

pics of and dibs on the van please 😆

😛

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I like it! Do it!

Bregante

kidnapping/false imprisonment

err no it isn't

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

You'd be better off contacting consumer direct for advice, and they'll provide you with all the details you need to pursue the matter legally.
    If you want to make a bigger show of their poor servce, get them on Watchdog. It usually makes big companies suffer on your behalf on TV.
    Why penalise an average joe for his rich bosses' mistakes?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘is it wrong to block somebody in your own driveway’ is closed to new replies.