Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is it worth using a HRM Strap with my 405?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I currently use a Forerunner 405 when running. Currently do about 20-30 miles a week and am not training for anything in particular, mostly just do it for weight control/enjoyment. Just wondering whether it would be worth me getting an accompanying strap to go with the 405? Or is HRM info only really for those serious about events/training?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I use an HRM but morew out of interest than anything else. Not being a competitor in any events, it's just out of interest and keeping meself clued in on my general fitness levels. So the anser is, yes, if you're interested enough in what your heart's getting up to.
    Last year I did some serious white water rafting, I wish I'd worn it then just to see what fear does.
    I'm also intrested in how sh@gging compares to commuting (uphill, downhill and some bouncy stuff, so pretty similar I would think), but have never had the bottle to ask…

wwaswas

"but have never had the botle to ask…"

of course the danger of that is that you both wear one and your partners heart rate barely gets above rest…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I've used the HRM strap that came with my 310XT but as BBSB says, only out of interest. It tells me little…just that I don't go anywhere near my max when running, but that I do when cycling up a hill.

Or is HRM info only really for those serious about events/training?

Yes, I think so…all that UT1,2 and 3 stuff…useful when training on ergs (which is slowly screwing up my running).

You signed up for any HMs this year dude? I'm doing Brizzle and Cardiff.

Jamie
    Free Member

You signed up for any HMs this year dude? I'm doing Brizzle and Cardiff.

Not signed up for anything as of yet. If i do it will be off road events. Did a 10k the other week, but that was only as it was on my doorstep as it were.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is it worth using a HRM Strap with my 405?’ is closed to new replies.