Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is it worth it? 2005 Specialized S-Works FSR
  • tylerdurden
    Free Member

I’ve been offered a Specialized S-Works FSR from 2005 with Rockshocks Tora U-turn motion damping 100-130mm forks, XT gears, 2015 Deore brakes and
    Fulcrum Red Power SL Wheels.

What would be a fair price to pay?

Thanks

richmtb

Ooh!

I had one of them.

Depends on condition

The linkage bearings go on them pretty quickly and they go through shock bushes like you wouldn’t believe. Removing the chain stay bearings is the work of the devil so make sure they’ve been done

Ride nice when they are looked after though. But ultimately its a 10 year old MTB with 26″ wheels and a straight steerer

If the bearings have been done recently and the the shock and fork have been serviced then about £400-450

tylerdurden
    Free Member

Thanks for the response. Very useful.

the-muffin-man

How old are the parts?

If a similar age to the frame I’m not sure I’d pay more than a couple of hundred for it. And Tora forks are basic entry level forks.

kcal

second as above on parts – depends how its been maintained obvs. but I borrowed my boss’ similar FSR (don’t think was S-Works to be fair, but might have been – it was very nice while it lasted) for a holiday last year, within a couple of days I’d bust the rear wheel as it was all cracked, nipples corroded – plus drivetrain was knackered..

Ouch and oops 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Pretty old frame, low end forks. I’d say 2-300. Less if it is knackered, more if it is mint. Still be a good ride and far better than spending the same amount in halfords.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Specs of that era had a habbit of snapping chain stays so I’d be taking a good look at those.
    Nothing exceptional so fairly low cash really. What do you want it for?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it worth it? 2005 Specialized S-Works FSR’ is closed to new replies.