Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is it warm in the Algarve around end of may/early June???
  • rockhopper70

Warm enough for a pool based holiday for the kids???

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Yes, done it about 6 years ago. End of May/1st week June. Weather was very good. I was told in July, it gets very very hot, which does'nt suit everyone. Especially kids.

We stayed at Albufeira. It was ok, plenty of eating places etc and the beach is ok. Just watch out for dodgy timeshare sellers. Pain in the ass!

rockhopper70

Thanks for that…can't see a month earlier making a whole heap of differance to the temperature (but I'm mindfull it's chilly in winter over there 😐

donsimon
    Free Member

We were there in April, many years ago and it was quite warm then. The fish was AWESOME, great food.

Hohum
    Free Member

It could still be a little bit fresh if the wind comes from the wrong direction.

My wife and I went once at the end of June one year. It was 28C the day we arrived, next day it rained and the temperature dropped to 17C 🙁

It felt warm in the sun, but it was quite chilly in the evening and we were glad that we had brought some extra layers to wear.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I went mid May this year to the Algarve, stayed in Lagos where it was pretty hot and sunny, and also went to Lisbon, which was cloudy, cool and rained a bit. You can also do some nice MTBing from Lagos!

mogrim

Personally I'd head further south to the Canary Islands, better guarantee of good weather.

The Algarve:
    http://www.ibervillas.com/Tiempo.htm

john_drummer
    Free Member

I went to Lagos for my honeymoon, mid June one year. It was lovely. Toasty warm but not too warm, if you know what I mean.

Monchique mountains good for MTBing

more restaurants than you can shake a stick at, all in the old town. Not so hot for "proper" nightlife, but if you want that, go to Albufeira; plenty of bars though

takisawa2

A group of us had a Villa hol there a good few years ago, about the end of May. Temps were ideal for kids I'd say.

Having free rein of a pool was good. My brother & I were able to conduct several "experiments" involving the floatation characteristics of various sunbed structures.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Been a few times then (half term) and its really nice and can be hot.
    Only thing to watch for is that most pools are unheated and can be a little cool that eatly in the year.
    Great place though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is it warm in the Algarve around end of may/early June???’ is closed to new replies.