Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Is it time we start to do something about the classified?
  • Tiger6791

clubber – Member

Advertisers like two stats (registered users & traffic) The classified generate a lot of the above at present.

Got the stats to back that up?

Nope and don't need them, I may not know much about stuff but I do know digital media and I know I'm right.

I'd bet that the media pack for STW leads with

Unique Users
    Page impressions
    Time spent on site

then

User profile (which is going to be 25-40 affluent male who has made a bike purchase in the last 12 months)

Like it or not your your all AB / ABC1

Don't need stats it's common sense 🙂

juan
    Free Member

I was trying to indicate, that imo, classifieds are there for genuine folk, riding bikes, and wanting to sell what they have but no longer need or want, etc.

And that it shouldn't be for Joe the elicit bike breaker to earn a living from, etc.

My point exactly. I have a rule not to buy to someone that don't contribute to the other forums (I have missed some great deal on that), I just remember when you use to be able to recognize every name in the classified section. I am still pretty much hook to the "biking website for biking community".

vinnyeh

My point exactly. I have a rule not to buy to someone that don't contribute to the other forums (I have missed some great deal on that), I just remember when you use to be able to recognize every name in the classified section. I am still pretty much hook to the "biking website for biking community".

That's fine then- you live your life the way you want to. It doesn't mean that you should try and impose your personal rules on others, in the same way that you wouldn't expect somebody to be banned from the other forums simply because you disagreed with them.

Northwind

"drofluf – Member

How about a threshold of say more than 100 posts? Obviously wouldn't stop the determined seller only types but may weed out the casual sellers."

They did that on Overclockers, end result was everyone spammed up the other forums endlessly til they hit the threshold. Sounds like a good idea til it comes into contact with the enemy.

The more STW does with classifieds, the more responsibility they might have to take, if you make it a paid for service and someone gets ripped off it's only a matter of time before some knobber blames the forum.

Only thing I'd really like to see myself would be FS and Wanted seperated but that's by the by

scruff
    Free Member

I hate to say it but TJs idea is great. But that needs folk to fess up and post on receipt, some will some wont.

postierich
    Free Member

Been ripped off on the classifieds 2 months ago only £20 but left a sour taste something needs to be done as its only going to get worse 😕

Rich

juan
    Free Member

all this thread is doing is moaning and bitching

See that's why you should post more ;). Your profil isn't the one I am complaining about. Plus read what I said, on the old forum it was more classified for a community. Now looks more like market place.

Plus TJ does wear a helmet, but only when he rides the black at laggan 😉

Zukemonster
    Free Member

It would be easy to add a feedback system… just post feedback on bottom of the thread when you get the item (or not)

'Thanks as described, arrived 2 days after payment' etc…

If we all just took that simple step it there would be feedback. (although I guess it would be easy enough to fake)

Podium
    Free Member

Just listen to yourselves…
    Complaining about Classified Only posters and such.
    *Shakes head and tuts*

I remember being the subject of abuse from Perfect Poddy because I don't live on the forum posting inane banter at every opportunity! As it happens I have been an STW forumite for a decade or so.Get a life and moan about something worthwhile ffs.

Where is the rule book that stipulates one has to endure a posting right of passage just to flog some kit?!

You'd think some people owned the forum the way they go on.

Bloody Forum Curtain Twitchers.

Log off and do some work!!

Go and ride yer bike.

Get a life.
    😉 🙄

SSB_UK
    Free Member

I found the forum through a classfieds sale which popped up on a google search. I wasn't a member, so registered and ended up buying the frame I was after. Everyone starts somewhere on a forum – the classifieds might well be the hook to get you interested in other parts of the site and discussions, they were in my case.

I would however weed out straight links to ebay auctions – they add clutter – and split the forums into FS and Wanted, as suggested above.

geoffj

I remember being the subject of abuse from Perfect Poddy

😆

chakaping
    Free Member

That made me chuckle too.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Is it time we start to do something about the classified?’ is closed to new replies.