Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is it sad how excited i get when new bike bits turn up in the post?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My new Ritchet seatpost just came in the post and i was like an excited child! Its bloody gorgeous.

Now the other half says im sad for how much this pleases me, i mean i get excited at the thought of opening the packaging ha.

Anyone else feel like this? It's like Christmas everytime something arrives.

Pook

One day you'll ride your bike too!

LoCo
    Free Member

Novelty of getting packages of new tools and parts still hasn't worn off for me yet!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha Pook i will have you know that 3 days before i went in for the operation i completed the new build and rode 2 laps of the Red route at Sherwood Pines!

I will be out as much as i can when im given the all clear by the docs.

kempfab
    Free Member

She should take a look at herself in a shoe/bag shop?!

Each to their own, I say.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Kempfab that was my exact come back! She is like a looney in a shoe shop!

wwaswas

I work at home and seem to nearly be on first name terms with all the drivers who operate in my area.

I had a 'while you were out' card through from one of the majors last week while I was cycling my daughter to school.

He popped back a couple of hours later saying 'I guessed you were on the school run so I came back on my way to the depot'.

It's always nice gettign parcels in the post 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I get excited about new stuff as well – doesn't everyone?! Not just bike stuff but anything really – computer bits, guitar stuff, bike stuff etc 😆

kempfab
    Free Member

See, and I have not even met her!

Even the arrival of my chain checker livened up last Thursday at work.. 😳

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha, good im glad we all feel the same, im actually annoyed ive finished building the bike as i've nothing left to buy and im incredibly bored stuck indoors.

OOOOOOOH just remembered i need olives and inserts!

Daffy

I can't afford new stuff anymore, but I remember it fondly.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Daffy it don't need to be new, i bought a brake adaptor second hand for a couple of quid on the classified and it still had the same effect when delivered.

Want me to send you something in the post so you get excited again?

grumm
    Free Member

I think I have a bit of a problem. 😐

Daffy

Thanks for the offer. I'll be excited enough on Thursday. 5 years of uni DONE!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Daffy its a great feeling, i only did 3 and i was well ready to get out.

Good luck with your final grade and i hope you go on to do what you want in life.

Im not so far so filling the void with bike bits ha!

Bedds
    Free Member

This morning my new MET helmet turned up, a powerball turned up and I'm waiting on a bike trailer too… I'm like a bloody kid atm!!

😉

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Right there with you. Just had a box of Syncros goodies dropped off, including carbon bars. Have a carbon seatpost that I'm live-tracking from the States and a 456 Carbon on pre-order. It's causing much excitement at the moment. I've also just found the forks and brakes in the right colour for it, so juggling next month's budget now too. Anyone know how long a tax refund usually takes to process?

wwaswas

I've got a thetford camping toilet with electric flush being delivered tomorrow.

Normally when I spend £130 there's a bit more of a sense of anticipation, I must say.

Andituk
    Free Member

I love it. Online tracking is both a work of genius and the work of the devil too. I can't help checking every few hours where my new stuff is 😀

Most of the delivery drivers and the postman round here know me now, so if I'm not at home to sign for it, they bring it to round to work 😀

whytetrash

Conversly do you have paddy's when expected stuff doesnt turn up? ordered a bit I needed from wiggle on fri paid express delivery (twice cost of part) and it only arrived today (Tuesday)I was sulking cos it wasn't there on sat!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is it sad how excited i get when new bike bits turn up in the post?’ is closed to new replies.