Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is it really time to be thinking about mud tyres?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

People going on about the rain and winter coming and its not even September yet. Is it really that time of year or is it just a bit wet at the moment?

I for one am leaving my Larson on the back for the moment. Well at least for the next ride and if I come off it will be time for the Wet Scream.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I was earlier today.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Definitely worth thinking about, if it's muddy

iainc

trailrakers have been off for 3 months and going back on next week !!!

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Put some on for the big dog, haven't taken them off…

epicyclo

It's time to start thinking about ice tyres if my previous experience is anything to go by. Order now and you may be lucky enough to get them before the winter ice thaws.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I made my ice tyres and they rocked!

shortcut

Never time to get mud tyres. I can't remember the last time I actually needed them.

Well – ok Mayhem 2008! But aside for that. Probably not needed them more or less since someone came up with the idea.

OK I have one pair that I fitted to the SS for Mayhem this year but haven't used in mud and don't work well in the dry! So unless you ride at Eastnor why bother?

Xylene
    Free Member

OK I have one pair that I fitted to the SS for Mayhem this year but haven't used in mud and don't work well in the dry! So unless you ride at Eastnor why bother?

Because my tyres are great in the dry and the damp, but when the going gets muddy they get a bit clagged up.

ononeorange

Shortcut – I'm guessing it's not a heavy clay topography round your way….?!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I assumed that all the rain was because someone here took there mud tyres off! i am on the same tyres all year its safer not to tempt fate!

BoardinBob

July in Scotland was the 3rd wettest on record so I put on MaxxPro Swampthings a few weeks ago.

They're amazing in the mud though they're not great on roots or rocks though I need to experiment with pressures to find the best level.

iainc

Never time to get mud tyres. I can't remember the last time I actually needed them.

come out for a ride on our local trails near rainy Glasgow and you may change your opinion 😆

snaps
    Free Member

I can see the point if you are racing on a muddy course but my winter riding only consists of about 2% mud (where mud tyres would be useful) due to me taking routes that are less muddy, so never need them.

Ringo
    Free Member

Andy dunno if you been in the park recently but I can tell you.its pretty shitty already

Coleman
    Free Member

Some Bod's on here seem to change tyres more often than the Formula 1 teams!

I change mine when they are worn out! 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is it really time to be thinking about mud tyres?’ is closed to new replies.