Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Is it really that hard to get dressed in the morning?
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Head teacher appeal to school run ‘pyjama parents’

Don’t some people have any self respect?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

No

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe they don’t consider it an issue. So self-respect would not come into it…

RealMan
    Free Member

soma_rich
    Free Member

what shocked me was that they picked the kids up in the afternoon wearing the same PJ’s!

So they had a busy day at home then.

philconsequence
    Free Member

LOL AT TEH POOR PEOPLE! bet they shop in asda and feed their kids turky twizlers through the skool gate bought with benfits!! AHAHAHHH

GrahamS

“Some people were even attending meetings at Pallister Park Primary school in their nightwear.”

FFS!

I can almost see why you might think it is okay to stay in your pyjamas if your hidden away in the car and just dropping the kids off before slobbing out on the couch for a Trisha marathon.

But actually attending meetings in your PJs really is an impressive level of sloth.

djglover
    Free Member

Maybe they did the night shift. More likely there is so little hope of a job that there is no point in getting out of their pyjamas. But hey, Jon, you sit there and criticise from your middle class ivory tower

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Some people look quite sexy in pyjamas.

Raindog
    Free Member

djglover – Member

Maybe they did the night shift. More likely there is so little hope of a job that there is no point in getting out of their pyjamas. But hey, Jon, you sit there and criticise from your middle class ivory tower

You typed that in your PJ’s didn’t you ?

philconsequence
    Free Member

these people are known as wimminz, personally i go for teh slim ones, but thats a reflection of my own body issues

RealMan
    Free Member

you sit there and criticise from your middle class ivory tower

😆

mrsgrips
    Free Member

LOL

Does it really make a difference whether they got dressed or not? Maybe they got dressed and then got back in their pjs by the time of the school run?daft but possible They are so many factors. And if they’ve got nothing going on besides running the kids to school then … well why bother putting on ‘clothes’

PS I’ve not gone out all day and I’ve worn about 3 different outfits… I’m currently wearing less than my pjs (tho granted I’m not dropping or picking up my kid from school currently- however I have been out on the balcony like this…)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe they’re Muslims ?

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

I regularly ‘do the school run’ in my sleeping attire, yep nude. Yep, no kids…

Gary_M
    Free Member

The story centres around Middlesbrough, I take it you’ve never been there.

GrahamS

I’m currently wearing less than my pjs

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are burkhas available in fluffy pyjama cotton? I hope they are.

A tenner for anyone who picks his or her kid up in one of those adult romper suits.

BoardinBob

Does it really make a difference whether they got dressed or not?

Actually it does. It’s basic good behaviour and common decency, and it’s a sign that you’re a lazy reptile if you leave the house in your sleeping atire.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

GrahamS-I’m 28 weeks preggy and it’s 80’F 😉 think albino beached whale with long brown hair…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mrsgrips
    Free Member

But maybe they sleep in the nude? and ‘PJs’ are their hanging out attire?

When I went to Uni I went to school in lounge pants and a t-shirt on some days because it was comfy; I didn’t necessarily sleep in them, tho I could have done…

If I nap in jeans and a sweater does that make them ‘sleeping attire?’

takisawa2

Does a smoking jacket count as pyjamas ?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

thanks dd I’m useless with the piccy links

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m currently wearing less than my pjs

I’m sure this comment is aimed at titillating the more lonely gentlemen that frequent this forum, however they should bear in mind that shorts and a tshirt would be considered less clothing than pyjamas.

Sorry to burst your bubble chaps.

GrahamS

GrahamS-I’m 28 weeks preggy and it’s 80’F think albino beached whale with long brown hair…

Mmmmm…. keep talking… 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

its a sign of having good friends if you spend time in your pj’s together 😀 mrsconsequence instantly changes into pyjama bottoms and a top when we visit friends or the moment she gets home from work whether its me and her.. or we’ve got visitors coming over. the only thing that changes at bed time is she takes her bra off (my favourite time of the day i might add)

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol…

I’m about to cycle home wearing nothing but a thin layer of skin tight lycra. That’s ok tho 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

What are lounge pants?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not if you live on scotland, it’s bloody freezing here.

What are lounge pants?

They’re special pants that married men wear when they go anywhere attractive ladies may be present, stops any ‘excitement’ showing. Can’t believe you don’t know that.

GrahamS

Not bothering to get out your pyjamas is a sure sign of sloth:

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Ah GrahamS you just made me giggle and blush thanks.

I quite agree with philconsquence- I often come in and strip. Clothes are quite restrictive and it’s just plain relaxing not having to be in them every day.
    However I do find it disturbing sometimes when I notice women without bras while out and about… so I understand in some ways

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Lounge pants are, for all intents and purposes, mens pj bottoms (tho not usually cotton but flannel).

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’m about to cycle home wearing nothing but a thin layer of skin tight lycra. That’s ok tho

It’s not about the amount of clothing though is it, it’s about about wearing appropriate clothing for the situation. I cycle to work in shorts and tee shirt which is appropriate for that situation but I wouldn’t wear them all day long, I change into more appropriate clothing. It also has nothing whatsoever to do with being “Middle Class”, it’s about showing respect. Not getting dressed out of nightware to show your kids to school or attend a school meeting shows a lack of respect for schooling, something that will in some (although probably not all) cases inform the behaviour of the children.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about depression.

*is disapointed*

derek_starship
    Free Member

People around here(Salford) go to supermarket in their pjs and fake Ugg boots!

totalshell

i take my kids every day to primary school ( a real bonus)
    we have the PJ’s the dress down mums the Milfs and the make up plastered on mums, those that parade in front of the half dozen dads those that wear lycra those that hide thier bums with a jumper in case you try to sneek a look we have those going to work and those coming home we have the prostitute the judge and the Biker.. its all part of lifes rich tapestry, the one thing they share is they love thier kids and i cant ask for more than that from the.

boblo
    Free Member

Is Totalshell Jesus?

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about depression.

*is disapointed*

Hehe 🙂

It also has nothing whatsoever to do with being “Middle Class”, it’s about showing respect.

I expect a fair few of the older generation think I’m showing disrespect by not wearing a tie to work.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like this totalshell…

itotalshellliker

*likes totalshell*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Is it really that hard to get dressed in the morning?’ is closed to new replies.