Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is it possible to retrofit a Revelations RL/Pike Air fork with a RTC3 damper?
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Is it possible to retrofit a Revelations RL fork or even better a Pike air with an RCT3 damper?

In my understanding it is a pretty simple mod to make. I have found the RCT3 damper for 105euros http://www.mountainbikes.net/mtbikes/produkt.cfm?pnr=20508&prodid=49382 . I have a few reasons why I want to do this.

1. If I can fit it to my existing Pike I would be saving a whole load of money.
    2. The RCT3 only seems to come with a tapered steerer and the cheapest I can find it for is 510 euro. Plus the cost/hassle of changing the bottom headset cup on my Cannondale Prophet. (I have read 10 different threads on which headset to get but am still confused which one I would need to cope with the space in the stock one)
    3. I could get the Revelations RL with a 15mm maxel now then upgrade the damper later.

Are there any other differences between the RL and RCT3 model that means I would be better off getting the RCT3 fork?

LoCo
    Free Member

Not worth it with standard rebound in pike

GEDA
    Free Member

But possible with the normal RL Revelations? Really can’t be bothered messing around with a tapered headset as I am not really going to notice the difference and it adds £50 to the price of upgrading the fork.

GEDA
    Free Member

Somebody must know this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to retrofit a Revelations RL/Pike Air fork with a RTC3 damper?’ is closed to new replies.