Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Is it possible to put people into an "Ignore" list?
  • superfli
    Free Member

Fairly new to this forum, but since using it I’ve noticed there is a number of users that are in no way helpful, try to antagonize, attempt to criticize whatever the OP is seeking advice on, are hypocrites, and generally come across as very unpleasant peoples.
    Yes, all forums have these certain types, but there seems to be more on here than any other that I’m a member of (and could well be larger). Some forums have the function to ignore certain user posts in future – is this possible on here? Do I have to become a premium user? Yes, I could choose to ignore them myself, but you cant help but read and get slightly wound up by them – a complete ignore would be far easier!

Useful replies only please 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

can’t you just manually ignore then by not reading their posts?

druidh
    Free Member

What browser are you using?

bruneep

Fairly new to this forum, but since using it I’ve noticed there is a number of users that are in no way helpful, try to antagonize, attempt to criticize whatever the OP is seeking advice on, are hypocrites, and generally come across as very unpleasant peoples.

You ARE NEW here aren’t you!

Its half the fun of coming on here, and no I have nothing to offer. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Some forums have the function to ignore certain user posts in future – is this possible on here?

STW does not even have a pm function, so the chances of having/getting an ignore button is on par with the arrival of the hoverboards we were promised in Back To The Future.

druidh
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-killfile-plugin
    for chrome
    EDIT:regrets adding what browser it was for as that cost me first place to Druidh

jon1973
    Free Member

ignore all the annoying people? it’s going to be like the Marie Celeste around here.

superfli
    Free Member

druidh, Junkyard – awesome, yes I’m on Chrome!

Stoner
    Free Member

Yes, I could choose to ignore them myself, but you cant help but read and get slightly wound up by them – a complete ignore would be far easier!

you sure the internets is safe for you?

aP
    Free Member

So. Who’s on your list then?

ton

please name and shame the guilty parties……………so that the rest of us can take the pi55 out of them…… 😀

DrJ

This always fails because:
    a) you see other peoples’ responses to people who annoy you , and
    b) the curiosity eats you up inside so you end up removing people you claim you to dislike from your killfile,

plus

c) you look really really childish when you say (as you inevitably will) “right, you’re in my killfile now”

druidh
    Free Member

a) correct

b) nope

c) just don’t say.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Good file works fine no glitches for me so far I have a very short list indeed

Jamie
    Free Member

ton:
    please name and shame the guilty parties……………so that the rest of us can take the pi55 out of them……

Ok then, i’ll go first;

1) Ton

….erm that’s it.

*awaits fist pie* 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I see Junkyard hasn’t posted here yet…he’s on mine.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Cooeee!

emsz
    Free Member

Just ignore them

nbt

works on firefox too, I’m happy to report 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I can’t believe the thread has got this long without someone suggesting that you simply ignore them?! 😕

djglover
    Free Member

Why hasn’t anyone replied to the OP yet?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wonder how some folk cope in real life. The poor lambs… 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

This will teach him- damn now he knows he is not on mine …..yet
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV_WunW1KR8[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

emsz – Member

Just ignore them
    What was said here, by whoever it was…

maccruiskeen

So…. how many of the people on your ignore list have posted so far – and what percentage to they make of the total number of respondents?

If you’re new here – just ignore any tread that runs for more than two pages, they are just slagging matches where the combatants have forgotten both the topic and the person that posted it.

What we really need for those is a killfile that will identify anyone who has posted more than 3 times on the same thread

grantway
    Free Member

Just ignore most people would and just try and keep the topic on track.

hels
    Free Member

I just put you on my “ignore” list. How about we all do it ?? That would be quite weird for you, in an ironic way.

Or I guess we could all just ignore you ??

emma82
    Free Member

Yes, all forums have these certain types, but there seems to be more on here than any other that I’m a member of

Yes, as much as everyone hates one another it’s a love hate thing, don’t ignore it, embrace the arguing and get stuck in. Or sod off to ‘Nun’s today’ forum or summit. I bet they don’t argue.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to put people into an "Ignore" list?’ is closed to new replies.