Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is it possible to make a 'real' DVD from downloaded files?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Does anybody know if it's possible to make a DVD disk that will work in a standard DVD player (that does not support additional formats such as DivX or Mpeg4)?

I've got a number of kids cartoons in MP4 format that I'd love to get on a DVD. The intended use is in a DVD based VW satnav/radio system that will also play 'authentic' movie DVDs.

If this is possible pointers towards suitable apps would be much appreciated.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

windows movie maker

nero

etc etc

sharkbait
    Free Member

Does that convert from MP4 to 'whatever format a shop-bought DVD is in' ❓

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yes, it's more finding a program that you can put the MP4 files into. All DVD video authoring/editing programs will convert to dvd format if you tell it to when you burn the disk

pretty sure movie maker will do it, it tends to be the more professional packages that struggle with consumer video formats

john_drummer
    Free Member

Magix movie editor or some such is pretty intuitive. Easier to get started than say Pinnacle.

There are other video editing suites too. Eg Roxio, MyDVD, etc

grumm
    Free Member

nero

Think you need Nerovision Express don't you?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ahhh, right……. they're just Mpeg-2 files. right I can sort it from here I think, cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to make a 'real' DVD from downloaded files?’ is closed to new replies.