Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Is it possible to change my username?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Pretty much getting sick of this place now.

There was a thread a few days ago where quite a number of forum users gave me positive comments with regards to my so called “trolling” – not something I was expecting.

Infact I think the general consensus was “actually it’s not trolling, it’s just a very sharp type of humour that alot of people won’t “get” because they’re not intelligent enough.”

Anyway, a few times over the period since, I’ve been called out by certain (probably bitter/jealous) forum members. Now they’ve been made aware that my posts are infact pushing the boundaries of comedy, and are not meant to be taken too seriously, they’ve started trying to undermine me…..

Is it possible for a mod to change my username so I can avoid this?

imnotverygood

…or you could just stop trolling….

HTH 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Worst.
    Flounce.
    Ever.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Best one yet.

ElShalimo

Is Gillian your Mum?

scotroutes

That – and already caught a few 😆

legend
    Free Member

I *heart* davidtaylforth

RobHilton
    Free Member

I love you DTF xx

wanmankylung
    Free Member

actually it’s not trolling, it’s just a very sharp type of humour that alot of people won’t “get” because they’re not intelligent enough

Often said by thick folk who aren’t clever enough to realise that their patter is garbage.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Serious or not serious?
    Kind of difficult to tell. Or care…

Cos if you were serious you’d contact the mods not post here. And if you weren’t serious you’d surely do this rather better…

Genuinely puzzled. 😐

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Well clicking on your name it seems to have been done… 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Often said by thick folk who aren’t clever enough to realise that their patter is garbage.

But not always, DTF is a comedic genius but perhaps like Fawlty Towers he has burned bright for a relatively short time and should now be extinguished. RIP DTF.

Alternatively, leave ’em Dave they’re not worth it.

tomhoward

Je suis DTF

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Fawlty Towers was crap too.

Drac

Nope is the answer.

metalheart
    Free Member

Nope is the answer.

Huh, I think both Colin and George disprove that statement… in this very thread.

Actions speak louder than words.

CheesybeanZ

Sounds like you neeed a nice cup of soothing Camomile tea .

Xylene
    Free Member

I read the thread title as – Is it possible to change my underpants?

I opened it hoping for hilarity and mirth.

ElShalimo

Has he left yet?

Kryton57

Who?

matt_outandabout

[u]

Rubber_Buccaneer

it’s just a very sharp type of humour that alot of people won’t “get” because they’re not intelligent enough.

but you’re not even funny…… 🙂

trademark
    Free Member

If people don’t like your humour, they simply need not read it.

senorj

Bravo..
    I call double bluffage…

boblo
    Free Member

Will changing your forum name change your ‘sense of humour’?

nickc

Now they’ve been made aware that my posts are infact pushing the boundaries of comedy,

…If you have to explain your jokes

wwaswas

Nope is the answer.

It was possible to change your username for a few glorious hours a couple of months back. The high jinks we had!

Of course the wind changed and if you go and look at people’s profiles you can see the last name they chose before we were all switched back to our more usual ones.

In fact, even the OP appears to have joined in at the time.

bruneep

just use your other account…we all have them dont we 😉

jekkyl

DTF, you worry too much….. about what other people say/type or what other people think. Who cares? it’s just an internet forum. Nobody really cares what was said or by whom it’s all just banter in the moment. If you feel you’re being ‘undermined’ or ‘called out’ then you’ll just have to up your debating/arguing/banter game.

BillMC

Now they’ve been made aware that my posts are infact pushing the boundaries of comedy

Infact it made me laugh anyway

Drac

Huh, I think both Colin and George disprove that statement… in this very thread.

Well we can put a ban on and you can come back under a new name then be closely watched to make sure you don’t misbehave again.

scotroutes

Colin got special dispensation on account of having a stalker.

For a while after the post-hack rebuild you could change your displayed username at will. It was both funny and very confusing.

Pigface
    Free Member

Moderator threats 🙄 😆

Drac

Moderator threats

Moderator explanation. Except for Colin’s which I can’t reveal why but he can choose to.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Just leave and create a new one/use your spare

We all have one or you can have mine ?

soobalias
    Free Member

u wishez u haz teh stalker.

teasel
    Free Member

Colin got special dispensation on account of having a stalker.

That’s piqued my interest, especially after the McM thread the other day. Go on, Scotscrote, who’s this user you claim has “form” for doing that McM Facebook or Twitter thing…?

Cougar

Point of note,

The Moderators don’t have the ability to change usernames. It can be done, but it has to be done by the Tech bods / site owners and is only done under exceptional circumstances because Reasons.

Cougar

Also,

If someone has changed accounts for their own protection, it’s probably not the wisest of ideas to drawing attention to it, n’est-ce pas?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to change my username?’ is closed to new replies.