• This topic has 47 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Is it OK to overtake a fire engine on a motorway?
  • timber

Road near work seems to be on a training route, seen a fire engine tanking down the road, leaning pretty hard into the corners with mini cooper behind that seemed to be struggling to keep up. Don’t think it could’ve overtaken. Having said that, 18t pointing downhill…

Northwind

BruceWee – Member

Emergency vehicles. If you hear and / or see an emergency vehicle approaching, IMMEDIATELY stop your vehicle no matter where you are. Emergency vehicles are designed to be able to swerve around you.

Is that really relevant though? I mean, you wouldn’t apply that in all circumstances of course.

millcar
    Free Member

Ambulances are awful to drive. The best they can be i guess (lowered) but they roll about really badly. Not driven but been in the back. They dont seem designed to swere to me…

I’d let it pass though. On a mway i’d pass it but expect to let it pass if it needed, might be my Mum, a mates Mum, someones Mum…. so always allow a safe pass

Cougar

Is that really relevant though? I mean, you wouldn’t apply that in all circumstances of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody

Northwind

O I C. I thought it was just really s**t advice, i was building up to telling him off :mrgreen:

Cougar

(-:

Have a look at the link, back a way in this thread.

Northwind

Apparently my observations aren’t as good as they used to be 😳

DrJ

“as a general rule i chill out at 58ish mph on motorways, but i do enjoy overtaking police cars who have caused all the repmobiles to slow from 100 down to 69mph scared to go faster than the po po. sailing painfully slowly past at 71mph is childish, but harmless, and giving them a wave to get a thumbs up from the 5.0 always makes me chuckle.”

God you leave a dull life

Nothing dull about watching box sets of The Wire. ****.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Is it OK to overtake a fire engine on a motorway?’ is closed to new replies.