Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Is it me or is this Ibis mojo a bit suspicious?
  • MrAgreeable

Just a tad suss.

On the bright side, perhaps he's selling it to pay for adult learning classes?

backhander
    Free Member

"I know these cost a small fortune"
    Well you should know because you should have paid for it 🙄

woody2000

Leeds based apparently. I wonder if Stif have had any stock go missing?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Erm, i can feel the warmth even just looking at it on Ebay !!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

are the foam bits holding it together?

MrAgreeable

I've emailed their sales manager.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

just sent a message asking for more details,

like: what about the shock?!

MrAgreeable

Don't send the chap emails with awkward questions. He might get suss and pull the auction.

backhander
    Free Member

I've emailed their general manager!

tragically1969
    Free Member

freeform5spot

I think the general consenus is to not contact anybody via ebay that may be selling nicked stuff, softly softly catchy mokey and all that !!

MrAgreeable

Well they should sit up and take notice then! 🙂

ibis
    Free Member

Didnt Stiff have a break in the other month ???

ddmonkey

"What size is the frame?"

"Adult"

Genius!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I liked the price – 'you tell me wat want to buy for ?'. Quality – I'll give you a trolley dash in iceland and a bag of brown mate.

warton
    Free Member

Yeah just to repeat what people have said. DON'T contact the seller. If they get suspicious they'll pull it… contact the police instead

z1ppy

tell me this is a troll ebay ad, surely some-one can't be that stupid????

crotchrocket
    Free Member

it looks like a second hand frame.

stolen & broken for parts?

ddmonkey

Yes I thought that… doesn't look new.

ibis
    Free Member

thats knock off for sure

vinnyeh

aside from the dodginess of the sale, what is the mental age of these people such that they think that they can sell stuff like this on ebay without it being noticed by somebody who might be honest? I don't understand- if you wanted to be a successful crim, it wouldn't take too much effort to create an ad that looked at least halfway like it was from a genuine owner.

TeaBoyPaul

Wasn't Stif, it was Jungle… I know the two are related in some way but I think it was Jungle's stock that was taken…. see here : Santa Cruz UK Robbed

Agree that this looks highly suspicious..

ibis
    Free Member

jungle is stiff! its there parent company

njee20
    Free Member

jungle is stiff! its there parent company

Really? I thought when they moved a few years ago they were pretty keen to point out that that was not the case.

IdleJon

There was a black Mojo stolen here in Swansea last month. It may have ended up in Leeds? I'm trying to find contact details and will notify the police.

The foam stuff is the original packing material (I know because my own Mojo came with it)

Could well be one of the ones from the warehouse job. Waiting for the shock to be fitted to the build spec perhaps.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

whatever the case it's making good money now…

willsimmons
    Free Member

Not quite Ibis, Stif and Jungle are two seperate companies. Years ago, over 5 at least, they shared a premises in Leeds.

brant
    Free Member
    IdleJon

Well, I did a search on the local paper's website to see if I could find details of the Mojo stolen a few weeks ago, but nothing, so couldn't find a reference number or contact for the police.

Then I searched on the South Wales police website, but of course there is no useful info there either.

So I got out the trusty Yellow pages, rang the local police station and explained – it's a very long shot and probably isn't the bike stolen in Swansea, but there can't be many hot Mojos floating around.

The nice police lady gave me her email address, so I sent her a link to the ebay page.

Ive just checked my emails, and she replied yesterday that she can't access ebay in work, so can I make it into a document, and resend it to her.

FFS – can't she send it to a colleague who can access ebay?

A completely ridiculous situation. Stolen goods get sold on ebay, that's obvious, but the police haven't got access to the website.

Maybe we should just form a vigilante group and go around and beat the seller unconscious? I'd guess that the police might turn up then!

firestarter
    Free Member

i used to work at the fire station that covers that area and no one would have a not hot ibis round there ;-( youd prob get filled in when you went to pick up too

qwerty
    Free Member

mebbe the dude stole a caravan containing a bike and playstation thingy and is puntin it all on da bay ??????????????????

takisawa2

New?
    Looks like its got a bit of chain-suck to me.

hitman
    Free Member

what size is it? – "adult"
    Classic!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Nice to see schooling isn't wasted these days!

Onzadog
    Free Member

has anyone mentioned this to plod in the Leeds area?

Onzadog
    Free Member

double tap

grantway
    Free Member

Would'nt go any were near it

Jamie
    Free Member

…or has anyone reported it to eBay? Or is that akin to pissing in the wind these days?

jamie01
    Free Member

Check out the telly he had for sale in his completed listings. Its doesn't come with the origanal remote, that doesn't really surprise me!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Is it me or is this Ibis mojo a bit suspicious?’ is closed to new replies.