Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is it just me or does that Milner chap…
  • Amos
    Free Member

ALWAYS seem to be exactly the same “pose” when he has his pic taken? I’d already noticed this while flicking through MBR, but low and behold page thirty of this months Singletrack world and again the exact same pose! Intentinal or is that bum out “pinning” position how he always rides?

chakaping
    Free Member

They just merge the same picture on him into different backdrops, it’s all smoke and mirrors via Photoshop.

boxelder

Rode past him last year (he was with piccy man Macca, doing a Lakes feature). Gave them a cheery “Alright” and he looked exactly the same and said nowt. It was a stunning day on excellent, empty trails and he looked like he’d been made to lick cold pi$$ off nettles. The other fella was very chipper. I’m sure he’s a hoot really and just not photogenic.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Isn’t MBR just the same magazine every month anyway.

Contents will include:

Hardtails are shit

Any bike under 3 grand might as well be in a skip

If you don’t live in a city and ride a Welsh trail centre every weekend, you’re not a proper mountain biker

Any Specialized is a great bike. All others are shit

Some maps with crap directions

chakaping
    Free Member

You forgot the fact that each bike review has a page about geometry and one sentence about how it rides.

dave-c
    Free Member

And that no bike shall have Marzocchis fitted.

boxelder

You’ve not read it for a while have you fellas? It’s not great, but it’s moved on a bit since the things you describe. I quite like it.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Do they still do that ****t idea of measuring the downtube rather than toptube to give a ‘more accurate’ size? Bunch of twonks.

Nice little sea otter kit feature, tho. Baaaah!

Amos
    Free Member

And the same picture of Milner every month! He does appear to take himself a little too seriously, not that I know him i’m merely casting aspersions

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I would try and read it in the shop, but it always comes wrapped in a bag with a crap freebie.

devs
    Free Member

I got a subscription to MBR as a pressie. I don’t really read it but flick through on the crapper. I couldn’t help noticing though that Specialized win every review usually with a 10. Once you spot it it just spoils the rest of the mag.

MrSmith
    Free Member

so who’s editor now? evidently when the London cycling campain sent out a promo email announcing the new editor of london cyclist magazine(or whatever it’s called) the management at IPC were rather surprised to see it was ‘their’ MBR editor?!

RHSno2
    Free Member

Danny Milner is a wicked guy. Really.

Its just his facial expression in pics.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine – Member

I would try and read it in the shop, but it always comes wrapped in a bag with a crap freebie.

..read fatmuthahubbard’s: he got a subscription for christmas and usually has one lying about in the car.
    The other day we parked at the Downhill Paradise that is Gawton and he spotted it lying face up in the boot: he chucked it under the seat so the other ‘hillers wouldn’t laugh at him. The shame!

Shandy
    Free Member

My all time favourite bike review picture was of the 09 SX Trail. Classic MBUK/WMB close up action shot, “game face” grimace, seatpost sticking about 4 foot out of the frame.

brassneck

I guess theres a possibility that Specialized bikes are generally pretty good? It’s not just MBR that rate them, in the few mtb mags I’ve read in the last year or so.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is it that time of month again….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me or does that Milner chap…’ is closed to new replies.