Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is it humble to describe yourself as humble?
  • brooess
    Free Member

I was at an interview yesterday and in his Linked In profile the guy describes himself like this:

‘enabled by high levels of personal resolve and humility’

I thought the point of humility was that, well, you don’t shout about your qualities and achievements…

Thoughts?

TooTall
    Free Member

Humility is not humble. Please address this and ask again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

only if you also say that your biggest flaw is that you are too hard working and a perfectionist.

clubber
    Free Member

Thoughts?

I wouldn’t hire him based on his profile alone. That is nothing other than BS bingo in a sentence and means absolutely nothing.

brooess
    Free Member

Humility is not humble. Please address this and ask again.

Not sure what you mean…?

Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest and respectful. Humility, in various interpretations, is widely seen as a virtue in many religious and philosophical traditions, being connected with notions of egolessness.

Source: Wikipedia

scaredypants

he might be ded cool:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djRvtgF046A[/video]

uselesshippy
    Free Member

To me, that sentence says they says sorry when they make a mistake. 😯

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

wouldn’t get an interview with me, but that sort of bs does go down well in some management circles.

bluebird
    Free Member

I’m not sure many people know what humble really means. I think people hear it being used incorrectly by celebs accepting awards or at charity events and then misuse it themselves.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

sound like a pile of Sheeite to me..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TYh7Hlr_5k[/video]

augustuswindsock

Similarly, a contestant on the apprentice a year or so ago described himself as ‘charismatic’, it struck me then that anyone who describes themselves as such is by definition, anything but charismatic, surely it’s not for yourself to say!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Why would you be looking at someones Linked In profile during an interview?

brakes
    Free Member

what else did it say? need a bit of context. high levels of humility means you’re very aware of your limitations. not BS at all, but not a great things to say.

chewkw
    Free Member

glupton1976 – Member

Why not? Only fools don’t check them. Why trust their words? i.e. respect what they say but not trust them.

I would even hire private investigator or big brother the person I want to hire so what’s wrong with that. Equal opportunity? Over rated … what about hiring a snake or free loader?

Well, if I do not like the persons I will have 101 reasons to reject them.

Tell him his is fired for his failure to upgrade/maintain the standard of BS.

He needs to try 10X harder as he is not creative enough.

chewkw
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

glupton1976 – Member

Why not? Only fools don’t check them. Why trust their words? i.e. respect what they say but not trust them.

Sorry not calling you fool … just generally speaking …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is it humble to describe yourself as humble?’ is closed to new replies.