• This topic has 95 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by igm.
Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • is it dangerous to live near an electricity SUB station?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Except Simonfbarnes who wants threaten the police with his todger?

not just policemen! Be afraid…

teef
    Free Member

Teef, dont listen to them! the world is a dangerous place and you cant do enough to keep safe. Personally I also never give presents anymore after i read that sellotape gives off x-rays! I cant go putting myself at risk like that for other peoples happiness. Of course my other half says i could still by the presents but i think giving an unwrapped present is cheap so i just dont give one at all :0)

I think im gonna go hide in a corner, nowhere is safe! Better take my cycle-helmet too, just incase like.

It's OK – I've come across unintelligent, uneducated, ignorant people before.

tony_m
    Free Member

You may wish to don a tin-foil hat before reading this about Electrostress.

And then of course there's Geopathic Stress to consider (see chapters 11-21)… 8)

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

Transformers can explode a bit

Very true, as well documented in the two movies.

We had an indoor one here at work explode a few years back. The roof developed a leak which allowed water in which shorted the sub staion resulting in a bang.
    The sub staion building had to be pulled down and rebuilt afterwards.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yet you lived too tell the tale unharmed surely you turned into some sort of superhero due to the forces involved ? Can you not shrink Hora with a withering look or even more impressive get him to ride his bike uphill using magnetism?

project
    Free Member

Under the Electricity Distribution and storage of electricity act/sub station/section 13/2/zart/tyde.

You are liable for half price electricity from your provider. 😯

igm

I was going to give a sensible answer to this, but given my job and all noone who believes the scare stories and conspiracy theories would believe me.

The answer is you are at far more risk from slippers. (11 deaths per annum due to slippers – probably higher with my feet).

That said don't climb inside the compound and try to take the big grey boxes apart – there is some level of real danger associated with that.

khegs
    Free Member

It's OK – I've come across unintelligent, uneducated, ignorant peoplePeople with no patience for purveyors of woo and wooly thinking before.

There Teef, fixed it for you 😉

CountZero

Personally I wouldn't want to live close to high voltage pylons because of induced magnetic fields and static. Plus the buzzing would drive me nuts. I used to cycle out to race meetings at Castle Combe Circuit, and there are 400,000v cables across Quarry Corner, and I had to stop spectating there because I got electric shocks off of any metal part of my bike that I touched. I have no issues with phone masts; there's an O2 one about 50m away at the top of my road. As I'm on O2 that means I get a really good 3G signal. I saw a programme once that set up a mobile mast in a college grounds as a test. Students immediately started complaining of headaches, sickness, blurred vision…
    The mast hadn't been switched on.

igm

Magnetic fields fall off very quickly with distance.

If you're worried make sure you don't use a microwave, hair drier, headphones, TV etc

Cougar

Plus, y'know, ever used a compass? Wonder what makes that work?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Wonder what makes that work?

iron wants to return to the centre of the planet ?

busydog
    Free Member

I've lived in a house backed up to a large substation (128KV line output) for 15 years and haven't died so far–although my wife says I am getting steadily weirder over the years—but I've always blamed that on the Jack Daniels.
    Seriously, my brother is an elec. engineer who deals in power transmission and he says nothing to worry about. Of course his wife says he is getting weirder as well.
    Really enjoy the good-natured humor on this site, even on serious subjects.

Carbis

Ha ha ha ha

scaredypants

hmmm, I've noticed a strange tingling in my – ahem – upper thighs on rides now & then. Hadn't worked out the power lines connection. Had rather assumed it was radness coursing through me.

Will my wearing of tinfoil pants be helping or hindering in this matter ?

igm

you're not meant to connect the power lines to your thighs…

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘is it dangerous to live near an electricity SUB station?’ is closed to new replies.