Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • is it coz i'm fat?
  • dogbert
    Free Member

I get it stuck in my head every three days or so that i’m going to get up early (work 12pm to 12am) on the days I work, take the dog out then go for a spin on the bike to wake myself up/try to get fitter. But every morning without fail I get up too late to fit everything i need to do in.

I’m sure it cant just be that i’m carrying too much weight…….so has anyone any ideas for getting my fat ass out of bed so it doesn’t stay fat?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I use an alarm clock.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s cos you are not a morning person.

Real measurable differences in brain chemistry between people describing themselves as larks or owls.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

i use a small child never fails to get me up 3 minutes before my actual alarm clock goes off **Shakes Fists

Dobbo

Take a load of speed and just don’t go to bed.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Put a sandwich near your bed before going to sleep. If you are too fat you will not be able to resist it in the morning, if you are not too fat then you will be fine to leave it.

HTH.

niallmb
    Free Member

place the alarm clock closer to the kettle than the bed and you’ll get up

dogbert
    Free Member

Put a sandwich near your bed before going to sleep. If you are too fat you will not be able to resist it in the morning, if you are not too fat then you will be fine to leave it.

I used to get offended at comments like that, but that genuinley made me laugh 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t really use an alarm clock.

I use a zest for life that sees me leap out of bed every morning hungry to get down the gym by 7am. HTH

mudshark
    Free Member

You can get hoists for the bedroom.

HTH

Cougar

Real measurable differences in brain chemistry between people describing themselves as larks or owls.

Is that actually true?

For as long as I can remember, I’ve never been a morning person. As a kid I could never get up for school, and as an adult it’s still a real struggle of a morning.

I’ve tried going to bed at 8pm, going to bed at 4am, and everything inbetween. I’ve tried eating before turning in, drinking, abstaining, nothing makes any difference.

I always thought it was just me being crap.

dogbert
    Free Member

what’s with the HTH at the end of posts?……is it hard to handle?

iDave
    Free Member

It’s not important enough to you. Stay in bed.

uplink
    Free Member

I’m not sure about any chemistry but I’m awake before 6 every day, no alarm required

At the moment I’m actually getting out for a ride 3 morning a week too

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hope That Helps.

Early Bird / Night Owl are surely just excuses for being grumpy and/or lazy?

BigJohn

How hard can it be?

Piece of cake.

binners

Why not invent something that combines the features of this

and this

Imagine how much fun waking up would be then eh?

stumpy01

Prep everything the night before to give you no excuse.

You probably find yourself saying that you can’t find x or y, your riding top isn’t washed etc…..

Make it as difficult as possible to find an excuse not to do it.

And put your alarm out of reach so you have to get up to turn it off.

HTH – Hope That Helps.

molgrips
    Free Member

Early Bird / Night Owl are surely just excuses for being grumpy and/or lazy?

Nope. Although society labels us this way.

It’s a serious issue actually…

http://www.suite101.com/content/circadian-rhythms-and-sleep-a185256

More techie here:

http://www.nature.com/news/2009/090311/full/458142a.html

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Try drinking heavily the night before, this will ensure that you wake up due to the overwhelming thirst and urge to pee. See to those matters then straight on the bike and off you go!

Keva
    Free Member

maybe so Mol but the body can be trained… we can ALL adapt to different situations, or we’d have died out long ago…

Kev

miketually
    Free Member

My wife and youngest daughter both wake early and are instantly wide-awake-look-at-this-what-do-you-think-what-shall-we-do. At 8pm, they crash and are asleep.

My eldest daughter and I can and do wake early, but it takes us a while to get going: leave us alone, watch TV, drink tea for a while. At the end of the day, it takes us an hour or two of reading to switch off and go to sleep.

This causes some issues.

molgrips
    Free Member

maybe so Mol but the body can be trained

Read the article? You can force yourself to against your body clock but it’s really not good for you, and you’re never going to be happy about it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So are you saying that you’re lazy or grumpy or both Mol? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Frequently both.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is it possible to be both a lark and an owl?

Torminalis
    Free Member

an ork?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Lawl?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Based on that article can I refuse to teach lectures at 9am because of the increased risk of cancer to me and some of the students?

tinribz
    Free Member

It’s coz you are focussing on losing weight. Am sure you are motivated to do that, but if you want to get motivated to go for a ride you have to focus on going for a ride. Or find a way to enjoy it (riding not losing weight). Long term goals don’t get people out of bed, instant gratification does.

emsz
    Free Member

Cut down on the booze. I positively leap out of bed nowadays. Always had to drag my sorry arse out of warm lovely cozy bed and duvet at the last minute. Since we’ve knocked a lot of the drinking on the head, I’m awake at 7, and straight up.

apart from the weekend though, LOL

seahouse
    Free Member

I find wetting the bed helps

nicko74

To be fair, working til midnight won’t be doing your chances of getting up early any favours… But it may get easier now that it’s lighter in the mornings – and once it starts getting warmer too.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I used to be a real morning person, uni has began to change me, although still awake by 8/8.30 most days!

Work experience this week and I need to be out of the house by 8.30 and feeling actually awake and ready to go by 9! Setting an alarm means I wake up at least 10 minutes before it actually goes off, and then knowing I have to be somewhere means I get up.

Put your alarm clock on the other side of the room, then you have to get up to turn it off!

molgrips
    Free Member

Based on that article can I refuse to teach lectures at 9am because of the increased risk of cancer to me and some of the students?

The educational perspective is interesting. I was listening to a program on Radio 4 about a school in Denmark (sounded like a college actually) where they timetabled courses such that you could attend either 7-3 or like 11 til 6 if you wanted. People who were previously under-achieving wasters immediately became great students because they weren’t battling sleep deprivation all the time.

brakes
    Free Member

I have about 12 alarms set on my phone to go off from 615 until 730
    on average, I get up 1hr30 mins after the first alarm goes off
    I’m a grumpy f**ker in the morning
    and for the rest of the day

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

If you have a partner living with you, get them to jetwash you at the time you need to be got up.

Cougar

Is that a euphemism?

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Could be. Either stands a good chance.

cranberry
    Free Member

Brakes +1

As a teenager my mother once got so fed up of telling me to get out of bed the morning after the night before that she came into my room, looked away, lifted the corner of the duvet and threw a frozen chicken into the bed.

Result = instant awake + rather unhappy

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘is it coz i'm fat?’ is closed to new replies.