Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is it any wonder motorists drive like they do?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

just look at this ad on here:

Yak

Isn’t this a targeted ad based on your search habits?

legend
    Free Member

I assume its based on the recent thread that we’re not allowed to talk about

Yak

Ah yes, maybe.

jimjam
    Free Member

So, you are saying that “motorists” (presumably motorists in general) drive badly (guessing) because companies who make super expensive after market exhausts have some aggro buzz words in their marketing?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve been browsing Xbox games. Probably came as a result of Forza Horizon 3.

allan23
    Free Member

Some possibly, but I get the stupid cars stuff and I never search for car stuff. I drive Peugeot, I gave up giving a sh!t about cars as anything other than an A to B tin box that costs too much a long time ago.

I suspect there’s a cyclist\mtb demographic thing kicking in. Planet Rock is the same trying to sell me Jaguar, Maserati Diesels and VW Pickup Trucks.

Makes you wonder if there’s a bunch of rich, old cyclist rockers out there buying this crap.

I did get a Boots Facecare ad the other day after going on Boots website to look at Blood Pressure meters. Not sure the advertising robots are quite as accurate as they think 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

Not here, but pretty much everywhere else I get Stanton adverts. And I mean everywhere, its like they’re stalking me. Like for about 4 months now.

And that’s after buying a bike from them…. 🙄

cranberry
    Free Member

I blame computer games.

😉

the-muffin-man

Sat-nav is a bigger threat to driving standards than body kits.

The amount of people I talk to who say they just follow sat-nav with no idea of where they are or where they are going is just staggering. Late lane changes, late turns – just gormless driving.

footflaps

I’m amazed every time I find someone watching ads on the internet… It is so simple to just switch them off, pages load faster and are less distracting…

gears_suck
    Free Member

I’m either immune to the advertising sirens or being subliminally influenced to purchase 1999 defenders and 2004 V40 estates. I honestly have no idea what’s being advertised on here even though they’re constantly flickering away in my periphery.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve never seen that ad before and I drive like a total knob, so it’s not the adverts…

scotroutes

What product is that ad promoting?

CountZero

Sat-nav is a bigger threat to driving standards than body kits.

The amount of people I talk to who say they just follow sat-nav with no idea of where they are or where they are going is just staggering. Late lane changes, late turns – just gormless driving.
    Yeah, well, exactly the same can be said for trying to drive with an open copy of the AA Road Atlas by your side when you have no idea where exactly you are, then find the turning you need is a quarter of a mile in front with half a dozen artics between you and it.
    Yes, satnav can be a bit confusing at times, I use it every day, in many cases in parts of the country I’ve never been to in my life, but compared to trying to use a map when alone in the car it’s a vast improvement.
    I’m currently driving six or seven hundred miles a week, imagine trying to do that with paper maps these days.

Northwind

TBH it’d be great if people handled their cars like you should a weapon- with understanding of its lethality, and great care and respect. The actual problem is exactly the opposite.

But for those getting furious without due care and attention, Tux make wheels not cars.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is it any wonder motorists drive like they do?’ is closed to new replies.