Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is getting annoyed with cold callers!
  • smudge
    Free Member

Now ive added my phone number to the website, its opened up a load of cold callers.

Latest being last week and again this week, a Scouser pretending to be from Lichfields Local police force and offering me magazine space in the local community magazine, all funding they get goes back into the local communty police force.
    I hung up straight away last week, today I nearly fell for it as he asked if I was by the computer and showed me links to verify who he was. He said he would get the magazine to ring me up in a few minutes to take my details. Luckily during this time I read the magazine he had linked me too and there was no advertisings in at all, I then did a quick google of his phone number ❗ and low and behold this lot came up… 07983391556 The girl rang about 5 minutes later and I told her where to stick her advert!!

donsimon
    Free Member

The girl rang about 5 minutes later and I told her where to stick her advert!!

Inside back cover?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

telephone preference service stops most of it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boltonjon

+ 1 for Telephone Preference Service

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatistps.html

I joined last year and my cold calls have reduced by about 95%

cynic-al
    Free Member

TPS doesn’t work on mobiles though, does it?

Del

from tps website:

The TPS can accept the registration of mobile telephone numbers, however it is important to note that this will prevent the receipt of marketing voice calls but not SMS (text) messages.

smudge
    Free Member

Thanks, Ive registered all our numbers and family on it! Thanks guys 8)

aracer
    Free Member

I’m on TPS and no longer get phone calls from people selling me things. Lots of people wanting to do surveys, or check whether I’ve taken up grants for home insulation though.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Those bloody text messages are a nightmare. One or two a day I can easily ignore but I get 3-4 every hour often more at around 9-10am. My phone number is on work websites and I can’t ignore it buzzing incase it’s work. TPS does help but now companies ring off mobiles.

anjs
    Free Member

Hello I am from windows your computer havs a virus, Grr these really get my goat.

project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fbwdx-LlFY[/video]

Turn the sound up loud and watch the office go quiet.

Oh and it may not be safe for work,or people of a nervous disposition.

aracer
    Free Member

Hello I am from windows your computer havs a virus, Grr these really get my goat.

They’re fun. Get yourself a Windows 8 installation in a VM for next time they call – mine is ready and waiting…

Trekster

Just registered with the call barring service due to tps not being able to stop a certain dialler. Will find out tomorrow if it works!

Konastoner
    Free Member

I’ve had to turning off my answerphone, fed up of deleting 5 – 10 messages a day. Tnanks for the link TJ / boltonjon.

project
    Free Member

When they ring up, pretend you cant hear them, ask them to repeat everything,

or tell them this conversation is being recorded,

or daddy isnt in at the moment,

ask them to ring head office and give them a chatline number,

wish them the best of luck on their volunteer job creation scheme,

speak in a very camp voice to them, ak them for their direct line phone number, and if they want a date,

ask random questions not related to what theyre selling,

at the end of the call ask them did they know they where transfered automatically to a premium rate number, works well if you can keep them talking.

CountZero

Still get cold calls on the landline despite being TPS registered. Had one on my mobile yesterday from the Family Lottery people; because I took advantage of a free play promotion they took it for granted I would accept cold calls on my mobi. I soon disabused them of that particular notion.

Taff
    Free Member

I’m on TPS but still get cold calls. Really annoyed at the moment as in the US and am getting calls between 3 and 5 in the morning!

oldgit
    Free Member

Why do cold calls peak during major sporting moments? I mean whatever the race, as soon as the riders have gone under the red kite Stephen from Delhi will ring.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is getting annoyed with cold callers!’ is closed to new replies.