Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is Coed Llandegla worn out?
  • lipseal
    Free Member

Just done two laps of the red/black trail and it felt like I was on a cattle grid most of the time. Went last December and it wasn’t that bad or am I just getting faster?(probably not BTW)

simondbarnes

It’s meant to be bumpy, it’s a mtb trail.

br
    Free Member

Everywhere feels like that, its ‘cos we’ve had no rain (for months, it feels).

Keef
    Free Member

it’s like tarmac compared to Cannock………….

kimbers

yep its much better than it was, especially in the exposed, felled sections would be nice if the rest of it would get a bit more chewed up and rocky imho

lipseal
    Free Member

+1 kimbers , it does need to be chewed up to get down to the hard core

Paul-B

lol, seriously???

can a mountain bike trail get ‘worn out’???

depth-junkie
    Free Member

nope, getting worn in IMHO. Sections are getting rougher, and all for the better me thinks.

Some sections now require some skill to ride fast, as opposed to when it was all smooth.

CYB is going the same way also, and again all for the better. The more chewed up and knarley the better. seperates the men from the boys 😀

I just hope they dont patch it all up and bash it flat again.

grum
    Free Member

I love rocky bridleways etc, but for me a trail centre that’s not been maintained isn’t that much fun – braking bumps are just a PITA, even on my 6″ travel mincemachine.

julians
    Free Member

It’s great, that section from the very top of the main climb down to the bottom of the black is awesome. A great combination of rough at the top and smooth and swoopy on the black .

It shouldn’t be a black though

depth-junkie
    Free Member

dont brake and skip over them, half the braking bumps are no where near the braking point. Just carry speed and skip over em 😀 the real braking poing is usualy flat/smooth as its behind the bumps, most folk seem to brake 15-20ft too early

project
    Free Member

Try Brownbacks quarry in Bacup, lea quarry, its all manly rock.

anto164
    Free Member

TBH, the more cut up it’s getting, the more fun its getting.

But yeh, there are still some sections that are smooth as a babys bum.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is Coed Llandegla worn out?’ is closed to new replies.