• This topic has 41 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Is cannock chase worth a 4 hr round trip ?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I think you’re talking about sections 13 (the original Chainslapper), 14, 15 and 16?

Yes that’s the one, loved chainslapper. On the pedals and go for it!
    I’m off to Cannock this weekend, local stuff was just getting back to its best but the odd heavy shower over the last couple of weeks made it very sketchy on Saturday, however we’ll be back on it tonight.
    Quite looking forward to Cannock, I don’t mind the crowds as you can have the crack with fellow riders.
    I rarely see a soul locally so its a nice change. 40 mins e/way for me and id make that journey over pines any day.

Alex

Went to Cannock with a mate who wanted to try a bike at the Spesh Demo day. It was lovely and dry a few weeks ago. FTD doesn’t feel like a red, but looking at strava there are some fast people on there (and how many strava segments/riders….!) but was a lot of fun. Then we did FTD+Monkey and really enjoyed that. Upper and Lower Cliff were brilliant fun especially. And the black rocky bits were definitely engaging enough.

Cafe was really slloooooow but otherwise a really good day out. Would have loved to try some of the natural trails we saw but didn’t have the time. That was coming up two hours for me from Ross on Wye and I wouldn’t rush to go back (Cwmcarn is 50 mins if I want to ride a trail centre) but it felt quite natural for me and most sections flowed really nicely. Definitely had some proper love from the builders 🙂

I did nearly crash on the wolf drop thing having misjudged my bar width… did slap a few trees as well with the bars but all part of the fun.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Is cannock chase worth a 4 hr round trip ?’ is closed to new replies.