Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • IS caliper to post mount fork quandry
  • Steelsreal

I have some original hope mono minis, the black and gold ones, with an IS front caliper for a 180mm rotor.

I now have some post mount forks and want to run them on them but cannot find any adaptors that do not increase my rotor size. The hope adaptor means i have to run +20mm which would be a bit excessive for what a want and would look ridiculous.

Is there a better way???

glenh
    Free Member

Nope. you have to go up 20mm otherwise there is no space for the adaptor.

Having said that, it your calipers are anything like my old C2s, you can get another caliper half with the correct mounts (athough that does mean a rebuild and bleed of course).

Steelsreal

I thought that but they are mono minis so are a one piece machined bit. Guess a wanted in the clasifieds is the way to go….

funkynick

I'm using an adaptor on a set of forks at home which does this… but despite trying, haven't managed to find another! Was kinda lucky as it came secondhand with a fork off the classifieds on here…

Will have to take it off and see if it matches anything available…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need a post mount mini calliper. Thats what I had to do. fortunately as they are hope all are interchangeable and the pads are the same so you don't end up with any incompatibilities

StuE
    Free Member

This should work http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/A2Z_Adapter_IS_to_PM_To_Keep_160mm/5360033036, I have a +o mount that I am not using if you can't find one

firestarter
    Free Member

i use an a2z 160 to 160 is caliper to post fork adaptor with my is mount 180 hope caliper and it works with my 180 rotor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘IS caliper to post mount fork quandry’ is closed to new replies.