Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is breakfast the best meal of the day.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don’t know why but I love breakfast. Fresh coffee, toast, cereal, scrambled eggs the list goes on. There’s just something about it, radio on and a good munch. The Gsf doesn’t get it (breky) at all and can’t eat in the morning! What’s all that about.?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I love breakfast, and prefer it over lunch and dinner.

Kuco

No, I find it hard to eat first thing in the morning.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pretty much, Yes.

Especially because of black pudding. Though I’m finding more and more ways to incorporate this into other meal times.

Black pudding milk shake…. anyone?

molgrips
    Free Member

No. The list of traditionally accepted breakfast foods is short.

Although an unhurried breakfast at a sensible time, with coffee etc is a lovely thing indeed – not sure if it’s the best.

I mean a lunch of fine cheese and bread eaten outside on a fabulous summer’s day is also great, as is a good dinner out with mates.

It’s all good.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i cant start the day without brekki 😉 its like a ‘pick-me up’ ‘kick start’ to your day. 😉 :mrgreen:

jon1973
    Free Member

Depends, my normal breakfast is porridge, just to give me some energy in the morning so I can ride to work – can’t say I really enjoy it at all, just functional. A nice, leisurely cooked brerakfast is great though, but I rarely have one of those.

zack10
    Free Member

Breakfast is the best meal of the day if I have time to make a good one! I usually don’t, so lunch is generally the best for me 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

The list of traditionally accepted breakfast foods is short

I had steak, asparagus and eggs this morning. Breakfast is just food I eat in the morning. I decide what it is. Cereal/toast based breakfast is a relatively recent marketing invention. Shift your perception and eat whatever you want.

finbar
    Free Member

I’m giving up breakfast for Lent (except on days where i’m exercising before the evening).

molgrips
    Free Member

Cereal/toast based breakfast is a relatively recent marketing invention

Absolutely true.

However I do need something quick in the mornings as I am really bad at dealing with them – hence cereal usually. If I could be bothered to tidy up last night’s dinner things I might be more able to cook tho…

_tom_
    Free Member

I can’t eat much for breakfast, makes me feel sick. I do like a hot bacon sarnie though 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, and I seem to get most of my fibre from a bowl of muesli at breakfast. If I have something else, things tend to stop happening.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’m a great believer in eating what I want, when I want. I don’t really subscribe to having set foods at set meals. I want through a stage of eating curry for breakfast, which fired up the metabolism somewhat! Now, porridge or milkshake with banana, oats and cinnamon hits the spot as it sets me up a treat. Lush!

takisawa2

I’ve come to love running in the morning, & very early. First mile is tough but get home feeling spot on. Cant face anything other than a glass of water beforehand though. Breakfast is normally about 9:30 at work. Pretty hungry by then. Normally just some fruit, bowl of cereal if really hungry. Ditto the eating when I feel like it though. Tuesdays are difficult, with biking on the night. Cant eat a meal within at least 3 hrs of a bike ride. Tue is normally a series of snacks throughout the day rather than 3 defined meals. Just suits me that way.

Keva
    Free Member

I can eat anything first thing in the morning… I wake up hungry, ravenous.

Kev

steve-g
    Free Member

In the real world I never eat breakfast, I have a pint of coffee flavoured milkshake inbetween leaving the gym and starting work but thats it until lunch.

When I am on holiday however, breakfast becomes about 4 courses, meats, cheeses, breads, then the cooked stuff, cereal if needed, all washed down with fruit juice, then a coffee. Takes about 90 minutes from start to finish and is indeed the best meal of the day

glenh
    Free Member

Breakfast is the worst meal of the day.

Flaperon

No. I invariably end up eating it out of a cardboard box, at work, at strange times, and keep getting interrupted by other people.

Lunch is the meal of the day. You’ve got the morning to look forward to it, the meal itself, the gentle feeling of contentment afterwards, and just as you’re starting to feel hungry again it’s teatime.

anonymouse
    Free Member

The best meal of the day is nearly always the next one.

TiRed

Three courses at austin towers every morning. Cereal followed by Toast/Croissant/Egg/French Toast/Bacon sandwich followed up by a piece of fruit. I don’t function without it. Brunch on weekends is more substantial but always starts with cereal. My sister was a primary school teacher and witnessed the results of children skipping breakfast, daily.

Top tip is Omelette wraps with ketchup. The kids love them… My wife rarely eats breakfast – other than toast

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m another of the can’t eat in the morning types. Need to be awake for a good hour before I get hungry enough to eat, and there’s no way I’d be waking up an hour early just to have brekky.

nacho
    Free Member

I’m a hobbit – I ahve 2 breakfasts. I get up with thre kids @ around 6.30-7. We have a plate of various fruit depending on what is in the house – banana, orange, grape, apple etc and a (home made) breakfast bar (oats, dried fruit etc)
    Then once I start work (I work at home) brekkie # 2, could be porridge, toast, crumpets, muffins, pancakes etc and a pot of strong black coffee.
    Weekends/days off add bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans into the equation.
    Breakfast is the best meal for me, especially on the weekend

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is breakfast the best meal of the day.?’ is closed to new replies.