• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IA.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is Ashton Court rideable?
  • fisherforthewin
    Free Member

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows what kind of state the trails at Ashton court are in? Hoping to head up and ride but it’s quite drive so don’t want to set off if it’s all under water! Many thanks,

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

man made are fine, off-piste is pretty muddy and getting cut up. i moved a lot of branches and sawn down trees which had been placed on the picnic bench trails on friday – watch out for others which have been placed on trails, as some had clearly been placed in bits which you’d not have much space to pull up if you’d see them.

fisherforthewin
    Free Member

Thanks mate, won’t cut up the natural stuff – man made will keep us going today!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The hardpack trails are fine.

IA

Hardpack is fine, as per hungry monkey there’s a lot of placed branches on pretty much anything off piste.

Some substantial stuff too – small trees felled by saw and laid along trails etc.

simonhbacon
    Free Member

Hungry Monkey

Were those branches blocking the man made stuff?

About a month ago I passed a couple of blokes walking dogs and promptly found a log placed across the trail at the top of Beggar’s Bush Lane. The dog walkers denied placing the log, but since I was only about two minutes behind the last group of bikes to go through I did not really believe them.

I also caught up with the previous group at the end of the trail who had seen no sign of blockages.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

wasn’t on yer tiz/nova, but the cut-in natural stuff off from the picnic bench. as mentioned by someone else, it was stuff clearly cut down with a saw, placed along the trails after corners, and in the middle of corners – must have taken a fair bit of effort…

IA

I just really don’t get the mentality that says “cyclists are destroying our lovely woodland, quick lets chop down a load of young trees to protect it” :-/

jonnouk
    Free Member

AC is rideable in all weathers although the rocks are very polished in some sections which can catch you out.

The bits in between Yer tiz to the table, down the hill and to the other side can get “interesting” in the wet.

Is the tree still down on the way the picnic table? I’ve not been there in a while and I may ditch my bashring when I get a NW ring.

noteeth
    Free Member

the mentality that says “cyclists are destroying our lovely woodland, quick lets chop down a load of young trees to protect it”

It’s pretty common for the Leigh Woods stick man/men to pull down live saplings to use as obstacles in aid of their “cause”. 🙄

IA

These aren’t pulled down tho – it’s really quite extensive felling with a saw. Think 8 or 10 trees with trunks about calf-thickness cut down.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is Ashton Court rideable?’ is closed to new replies.