Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)
  • Is anyone on here NOT a white, heterosexual,christian(ish)?
  • GrahamS

Ok then; can I have a box that sez ‘Of multiple ethnic heritage but identify culturally as British although still acknowledge the influence of non-British culture in forming my own indivudual identity’ then please?

Only if we can we also have: “West Philadelphia born and raised. On the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside of school.
    When a couple of guys who were up to no good startin making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said ‘You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'”

clubber
    Free Member

🙂 @ Binners. that’s how I imagine Elf.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But you’re not from Mars, Elf so that was just silly.

It was no more ridiculous than the original question, mind…

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m sorry Elf but the Loony Tunes martian is a very apt avatar for you I think!

GrahamS

t was no more ridiculous than the original question, mind..

Why? I get asked “where do you come from?” all the time. Doesn’t seem like a ridiculous question at all to me.

I suspect you are more sensitive about your cultural identity than you let on.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not sure if half rice / half chips works

Toad in the hole?

clubber
    Free Member

It was no more ridiculous than the original question, mind…

Should really have been a ” 😉 ” on that post. Thought it was obvious 😉

clubber
    Free Member

TSY – reminds me of the mixed team at SSMM one year – “Four toads and a hole”

camo16
    Free Member

That (most) STWers on here are confessing to their straightness whilst salivating over a long post is brilliantly ironic. 😉

camo16
    Free Member

I was worried that I was too white, heterosexual and Christian (ish)…

Then I remembered my constant companion – Susan the Commencal – is female, black and a devout admirer of the works of KD Lang. Phew! 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I like battered sausages and in my past used to love getting right mucky with a kebab.

grum
    Free Member

I saw a black guy at Laggan the other week. 😯

Obviously I pointed and stared.

In my own entirely anecdotal and subjective experience – I reckon there are a lot more ethnic minorities out enjoying the countryside in places like the Lake District than there were when I was a kid. Don’t know if there are any stats to back that up……

project
    Free Member

So how does one know if a fellow bike rider is straight or gay,

Lycra, hard seat,no suspension,big smile,clean bike,clean imaculate dress sence, clean chain,etc.

Or is that a straight rider…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why?

Because it was an utterly irrelevant question. And not one actually designed to gain important information, but to make me feel uncomfortable and possibly intimidated. I think the policeman was more miffed that this haddunt had the desired effect, more than anything.

I have found that answering with the truth, which is ‘Hackney’, has also confuzzled police officers asking the very same question. I have even been told, after volunteering the correct and truthful information when asked of me, in a polite and courteous manner, ‘don’t get cocky/smart/clever with us sonny’. Which is most strange, I think you’ll agree.

Police officers are a bit odd I think. I mean, they don’t seem to appreciate it when I call them ‘sonny’, now…. 😕

Ho hum…

emsz
    Free Member

Susan the Commencal

dunno why but this makes me laugh out loud!!

allthegear
    Free Member

No worse than me calling my Nicolai “Ulrika” simply because it is bright orange…

Rachel

penguinni

Heather the Heckler does it for me

hora
    Free Member

I have my Mothers bloodline which I think entitles me to marry a proper Jewish girl 8)

I’m not a colour but I am fiercely British. Grrrrr.

GrahamS

I have found that answering with the truth, which is ‘Hackney’, has also confuzzled police officers asking the very same question

Well there you have a bit more of a case. But (personally, speaking as a WASP) I still don’t think I’d find that particularly irrelevant or intimidating when directed at me.

‘don’t get cocky/smart/clever with us sonny’. Which is most strange, I think you’ll agree.

Yeah. That certainly doesn’t sound like you 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Anyone can marry a proper Jewish girl, Hora….

‘Claudia’ Cannondale here (In my head it sounds like Claudia Cardinale. don’t judge me).

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Not sure if half rice / half chips works – can we come up with more enjoyable food combo?

Fish and Chips or Sausage and Chips?

camo16
    Free Member

Claudia’ Cannondale

Sheesh, she sounds well dirty. 8)

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I saw a black guy at Laggan the other week.

Obviously I pointed and stared.

In my own entirely anecdotal and subjective experience – I reckon there are a lot more ethnic minorities out enjoying the countryside in places like the Lake District than there were when I was a kid. Don’t know if there are any stats to back that up……

Interesting. In my equally unscientific opinion, I reckon in a year around the cotswolds I see less than 10 black or asian people out riding or rambling….what’s up with that?

emsz
    Free Member

I’m all about chips, so that narrows it down a bit, Charlie

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Look at all you poofs riding girl’s bikes.

I ride Dallas the black Session10.

binners

Hmmmmmmmmmm so you’re from Yorkshire and of Jewish descent. If only there were a lazy but handy cultural stereotype applicable to both? A shared character trait that sums you up perfectly. Almost defines you as a person? ….

Hmmmmmmm, no. Nothing springs to mind….

hora
    Free Member

Anyone can marry a proper Jewish girl

Your not understanding where I’m coming from on this do you? Nay mind.

Cougar

I’m all the above and have never met anyone on a mtb who isnt.

You’ve asked everyone you’ve ever met on a bike about their sexuality and religious beliefs? Wow.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Your not understanding where I’m coming from on this do you?

Hora; I really don’t want to know where you’re ‘coming from’ or what goes on in the dark, disgusting festering putrid recesses of your foul imagination, quite frankly. 😐

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m all about chips, so that narrows it down a bit, Charlie

So It doesn’t really matter if it’s fish or sausage? See how well the food analogy works?

Hmmmmmmmmmm so you’re from Yorkshire and of Jewish descent. If only there were a lazy but handy cultural stereotype applicable to both?

Yes, if only we could get two stereotypes for the price of one!

D0NK

Heather the Heckler does it for me

desperatley trying to remember what I called my heckler….nope sorry, gone.

hora
    Free Member
    kudos100
    Free Member

Eh? Shouldn’t that be white, black, yellow? Or maybe English, Nigerian, Chinese? Or even Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid?

Strange mix of terms.

My mistake officer PC 🙄

I am neither white, christian and as alluded to earlier on, perhaps bisexual for most of the 94 world cup 😉

camo16
    Free Member

perhaps bisexual for most of the 94 world cup

Ah Roberto… you were after him too, then? 😉

deluded
    Free Member

Police officers are a bit odd I think.

Aaaaayy, come on – there’s no need for that nastiness and bigotry 🙄

I think you’ll find that those that frequent this forum are sensible, pleasant, well adjusted individuals 😯 🙂

yoshimi

Cant be bothered reading this lot ^^^

But I’ve only ever know 2 non-whites that ride – my mate Faz who some of you on hre may have met, he now guides in NZ and a black guy I met on one of the Northern STW rides, don’t remember his name.

clubber
    Free Member

I worked in a bike shop with two gay guys though neither of them actually cycled… do they count? They were brilliant salesmen despite knowing nothing about cycling which was interesting to watch. Maybe says a lot about how people choose what bike to buy in a shop…

Northwind

I’m pasty and straight but heathen.

Hang on, I need to put on my David Cameron face for this… I was talking to an indian immigrant the other day, who told me that she’s worked hard so that her son never has to ride a bike, and was really upset when he asked for one- where she’s from, it marks you out as low status to be seen on a bike.

Obviously she thinks I’m a lunatic.

crankbreaker

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU[/video] Is this anyones riding buddy?

choron
    Free Member

Best troll thread ever: daily mailisms, offending every possible group and plenty of opportunity to say “i’m not racist, but…”

Personally, i never see any blacks, gays or heathens cycling. I think this is because they can’t balance and are afraid of tyres.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone on here NOT a white, heterosexual,christian(ish)?’ is closed to new replies.