Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is 8gb iphone5c enough?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

My current phone only carrying like 5 music albums.. And photos of my riding here and there but moved it all to PC when I get the chance. ..as for apps.. Strava, bank, facebook, ebay, photobucket, paypal and dropbox.. No games.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

my 16Gb isnt enough.

andyfla
    Free Member

No

RDL-82
    Free Member

I’ll go with depends! But more likely no, especially of you don’t want to use iTunes for updates etc as ios8 was in the region of 6gb or something silly ota for the iPad so assume iPhone similar and you will end up deleting stuff just to update.

Drac

No.

The iOS will take up most of that.

Phone similar and you will end up deleting stuff just to update.

Or downloading to your computer then updating from there.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have got a 16GB 5S, and it’s borderline.

About 3 GB of podcasts, less than a gig of tunes, apps, no games and I have 500mb spare.

wrightyson
    Free Member

No. Pita when doing updates etc.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Thanks gents .

Arrrgghhh! Why are these phones so expensive 🙁 ..its not like its made of carbon?! Innit

Jamie
    Free Member

Arrrgghhh! Why are these phones so expensive ..its not like its made of carbon?! Innit

If cost is an issue, and you’re not too tied into the Apple ecosystem, just get one of these:

Motorola Moto G™ + 4G Black – £149

…only 8GB, but has a SD slot.

RDL-82
    Free Member

@drac Thats why I said if you ‘dont’ use iTunes its a pita. No issue if you do.

Can second the moto g. Pretty much vanila android and decent support/updates.

CountZero

I’m really looking forward to upgrading my current 64Gb iPhone 5 to a 128Gb 6+.
    I take lots of photos, and I like to have them to hand to refer back and use them, plus I like to have as much music on my phone as possible, because it gets used in the car as my satnav and you can’t stream music while using navigation. Also phone networks are too shonky to stream music properly anyway.
    Then there are all the ebooks, etc..

Drac

@drac Thats why I said if you ‘dont’ use iTunes its a pita. No issue if you do.

Oh! 😳

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes it can be, depends on your usage. HD photos are stored twice (HD and SD format) videos / movies take lots of space. Depends on how many apps you have. Updates you can do via a computer/iTunes so you dont need spare space on the phone.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ive gone from 64gb iPhone 5 to 16gb 5s, I thought it’d be a nightmare but now keep all photos and music etc in various ‘clouds’ and now generally have around 4gb free. Can’t see me ever needing a big capacity phone ever again. This is obviously only achievable as I’m on unlimited 4g data with 3 and live in a big city with excellent coverage.

8gb is just too small though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is 8gb iphone5c enough?’ is closed to new replies.