Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Is 6.55am too early…
  • Flaperon

…to let your dogs out into the garden so they can bark constantly for the next hour?

Trying to think of the most diplomatic way of explaining to my meighbour that he’s a **** for doing it. He’s of the opinion that because he’s awake, so should the rest of the street. And discussing this with him in the past has resulted in him screaming about his dog’s “rights”.

Obviously it’s not something we can go to the council about.

Alternatives? Anonymous letter? Whole gang of neighbours with flaming pitchtorches? Even more frustratingly, the only reason it barks is because they chuck it into the garden for a crap and then close the door.

footflaps

Why not?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

You can complain to the council as it is a nuisance and frankly has f’kall to do with his dog’s “rights”.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not a phrase I thought i’d be using today but…. Tranquiliser Sausages? 😕

binners

Liftman

^^^^^ for the owner not the dogs

FuzzyWuzzy

Just make some noise late at night when presumably he wants to sleep

Flaperon

Because you can’t sell the house afterwards seems a good reason to me.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

buy a cockerel

johndoh
    Free Member

Stand in your garden at midnight in your underpants barking like a dog.

kraftyone
    Free Member

Life is too short and too precious for this sort or stress. We had the same issue and after realising next door wasn’t going to do anything about it, and we didn’t want the added stress of taking it further, we moved. (admittedly fairly easy as we were renting and coming to the end of a years contract anyway)

Best decision ever. You don’t realise how (a seemingly small amount of) stress affects every area of your life until it is removed.

footflaps

You don’t realise how (a seemingly small amountof) stress affects every area of your life until it is removed.

Oddly enough I felt the same way after scrapping my car and not buying a new one. I felt much lighter for not having one.

pirahna
    Free Member

Throw some exlax over the fence.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I doubt that engaging the council will appear on the radar initially, only if it escalates. It is odd that people seem to want to “defend” their kids/dogs/driving standards when they are in the wrong.

teethgrinder

Cadbury’s Giant Buttons. For the owner or dogs is up to you.

ernie67

Ear plugs ?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    Flaperon

Ear plugs ?

Tried them. 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

Similar to the rsoles who leave their dogs out in their back garden on summer evenings at 11pm+ barking and howling.
    No of course we dont want to sleep, we’d much rather listen to your dogs barking until 2am.

hels
    Free Member

Its too late according to my neighbours. They put their witless mutt in the garden at 0100 on sunday night, it barked constantly until 0400, when I can only assume it got bored. Or somebody else deployed the tranquiliser sausage.

They are on one strike.

(in their defence, it is the local festival week here, which means they were almost definitely falling down drunk, and the chap did have the decency to look shifty when I saw him the next day)

gonefishin
    Free Member

Ahhhh neighbour issues, I’m getting dragged into issues with mine.

Apparently the way I use a shared access road is inconvenient to them as in winter the headlights of my car shine directly into the massive glass walled extension they’ve recently built and in summer it sets their dogs barking. As previous owners (I’ve been there for 5 years and moved in before the extension was built) used the road in slightly different way and they can’t see why I can’t just do the same.

My suggestion that they install blinds didn’t go down too well.

ferrals
    Free Member

To be honest 7ish on a weekday seems fine to me, do you do night shifts or something? We normally get up at 6.15 just to get into work for 8.45

beefheart
    Free Member

Keep a family of howler monkeys in your garden, and if he complains, scream at him about their rights.

martinhutch

Ahhhh neighbour issues, I’m getting dragged into issues with mine.

Apparently the way I use a shared access road is inconvenient to them as in winter the headlights of my car shine directly into the massive glass walled extension they’ve recently built and in summer it sets their dogs barking. As previous owners (I’ve been there for 5 years and moved in before the extension was built) used the road in slightly different way and they can’t see why I can’t just do the same.

My suggestion that they install blinds didn’t go down too well.

That’s batshit mental. Would they rather you turned off your headlights and drove straight into their extension?

Back to the point in question – I wouldnt mow my lawn, rev a car engine, let my kids scream and run around in the garden at 7am. Dogs aren’t anything different, just a source of annoying noise.

trail_rat
    Free Member

gonefishing your local aint you ….(aberdeen) ill come visit with my land rover and its 7600 lumen led light bar and straight through exhaust for a few days….. your car will seem very neighbour friendly to them then…..

gonefishin
    Free Member

Yeah I am local TR. Strangely enough a colleague of mine suggested something very similar. The irony is that I have deliberately switched off my high beams for that exact reason, it just seemed needlessly passive aggressive.

Their previous “suggestion” to address the issue, without actually telling what the issue really was, was laughable as all it involved was him getting his hands on land that is currently shared! He really does need to learn what the word “compromise” actually means.

Back to the OP, I wouldn’t say that 6-55 is especially early, the fact of the dogs barking so much rather than the time would be what would concern me.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Is 6.55am too early…’ is closed to new replies.